Nim Li Punit Mayan Ruins

Simarimas

Hello, first time cruiser here, looking for Mayan ruins to see in Belize.

NCL has a tour to the Nim Li Punit ruins available, but I have found very little about these ruins, other that a brief description and a few photos.

Has anyone been to the ruins? Are they worth it, or should I look into something else?

Our cruise is pulling into the new Harvest Caye, so I am not sure from there how difficult it will be to find another tour to take for different ruins.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Harvest Caye is a new stop! It's in Southern Belize nearer to Punta Gorda and Placencia. So most cruisers here would not be familiar with these ruins or the port and they are both too far south from Belize City. But if you do go, please, please come back and share pictures and impression of both the ruins and the port. Thanks.

When you return from your cruise, please come back and post a review with pictures. We enjoy cruises that take us to ports where we can visit Mayan ruins. I've never heard of this one but, after viewing pictures on the internet, I would love to see it!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
Unfortunately we will not be going to Harvest Caye, as it is not ready yet, not until February.

sorry to hear that.

But take a tour of Altun Ha. It's relatively close to Belize City and you can get it on a non-ship excursion, if you hurry or a ship excursion tied in with either ra city tour, a zoo tour, or a cave-tubing excursion.

• 1 year later...

I would love some information on this as well. We cruised on the Getaway two weeks ago, March 5-12, and the Captain could not get the ship docked in Harvest Caye. It was extremely disappointing to have another day at sea. We are considering going on this same ship in November and Daughter in law really wants to see some ruins. Can you get to Altun Ha or some other ruins from the Harvest Caye port?? Not sure how it's going to work.

Thanks!!!

No you can't get to Altun Ha easily from Harvest Caye. Different part of the country. From all the reviews on HC I've seen, you'll need to book whatever ruins tour is being offered by NCL for your ship. Hopefully, you'll get to dock this next time and they take folks to the mainland.

• 2 months later...

Any feedback from cruisers that have been to Nim Li Punit Mayan Ruins?

We are also stopping at Costa Maya so I was wondering if someone who has been to both would have a recommendation between Nim Li Punit and Chacchoben?

thanks!