If cancel after paying in full

LindaKE

If I have to cancel before final payment is due but after paying in full for the cruise, is there a problem getting a refund of all but the deposit? Not that I plan to cancel, but I'm wondering whether to go ahead and pay or wait to the last minute to pay just in case.

You should have no difficulty getting a refund, other than having to wait to have it credited to your form of payment.

it depends on how you book..with early saver there are fees included and you sometimes do not get a refund

Unless you book directly, you'll probably have to pay final about two weeks before it's due. Unless your deposit is nonrefundable, you should get that back, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I do not understand paying in full way before it is due?

I wouldn't wait until the very last day but I'd certainly wait until the week before the due date.

There is no benefit in paying early.

Since interest rates are so low, we often pay off our cruises and trips in full way before the due date. There is nothing to be gained by waiting. We only book Past Guest rates on Carnival, so the money is fully refundable up until final payment. On the rare occasion when we have had to cancel, it was refunded to our credit card within days.

it depends on how you book..with early saver there are fees included and you sometimes do not get a refund

Since the OP said "getting a refund of all but the deposit" I figured they did book ES and knew about the terms and conditions.

I do not understand paying in full way before it is due?

I wouldn't wait until the very last day but I'd certainly wait until the week before the due date.

There is no benefit in paying early.

There are multiple scenarios where there are benefits.

For example, one credit card offers a limited-time promotion of triple rewards when a certain type of purchase/payment is made.

Another offers 20% off a qualifying purchase as a rare promotion.

If cash is simply sitting in a non (or minimal) interest bearing account, taking advantage and paying "way ahead of time" when these opportuntites arise makes perfect sense.

Hopefully now you understand that, in certain cases, there are indeed benefits to paying before a required due date.

If I have to cancel before final payment is due but after paying in full for the cruise, is there a problem getting a refund of all but the deposit? Not that I plan to cancel, but I'm wondering whether to go ahead and pay or wait to the last minute to pay just in case.

Wait until final is due, don't trust Carnival.

So I'm still unsure of the answer.

Let's say a cruise costs $1500 under ES with the standard deposit of $500 for 2 people.

If the cruise is cancelled before the final payment date, will the $1000 be refunded, and then future cruise credits of $200 ($250 deposit - $50 fee) be issued to each person?

So I'm still unsure of the answer.

Let's say a cruise costs $1500 under ES with the standard deposit of $500 for 2 people.

If the cruise is cancelled before the final payment date, will the $1000 be refunded, and then future cruise credits of $200 ($250 deposit - $50 fee) be issued to each person?

That's how it worked when I cancelled last year. The refund was promptly made to my credit card.

Shouldn't be a problem getting the refund, may take a few weeks. Why not just hang onto your money and make it when it's due to avoid any issues??

Shouldn't be a problem getting the refund, may take a few weeks. Why not just hang onto your money and make it when it's due to avoid any issues??

I've been getting electronic gift cards from Allstate and I want to get funds into my bookings Asap. I don't want to risk someone getting a hold of the number and pin.

I've been getting electronic gift cards from Allstate and I want to get funds into my bookings Asap. I don't want to risk someone getting a hold of the number and pin.

Sounds like a good reason.