Guarantee Staterooms

VIRGINCRUISER1066

I wonder if anyone would advise me.

On previous trips I have always booked an assigned stateroom, but a few days ago I booked a A7 guarantee.

When I looked at my cruise personiser I see that Cunard have already assigned me a stateroom (A6) . My question is, is this the stateroom that I will receive or could I go back to travel agent and say ' is there a better location/grade I could get'.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jennie

On our recent QV, we also booked the A7 GTY. Were assigned an A3. loved the location and would book a GTY again.

You were lucky and dodged the obstructed view cabins; the OP hasn't and that's the problem with booking an A7 or A6 guarantee. Looking at the deck plans, there are only two A7s so the possibility of an 'upgrade' to obstructed view is depressingly high.

OP - I doubt that Cunard will upgrade you to an A5 or higher on request, but you may be lucky with another cabin allocation nearer the time. Whether they would move you to another A6 only they can tell you, and it would be most interesting to hear their response.

Good luck.

Mary

The obstructed views on the A6s on QV and QE aren't nearly as bad as the obstructed balconies on the QM2's A4s. On the QM2 you get a whole lifeboat or tender obstructing the view. On the QV and QE it's only a partial obstruction such as a bit of the equipment that hold the lifeboats.

https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/fleet/qe_obs

https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/fleet/qv_obs

https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/fleet/qm2_obs

I wonder if anyone would advise me.

On previous trips I have always booked an assigned stateroom, but a few days ago I booked a A7 guarantee.

When I looked at my cruise personiser I see that Cunard have already assigned me a stateroom (A6) . My question is, is this the stateroom that I will receive or could I go back to travel agent and say ' is there a better location/grade I could get'.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jennie

It will also depend on when the cruise is. If it's some time off, you may yet be offered another upgrade. I booked an inside guarantee and eventually got an in hull balcony after 3 other upgrades. It is in the lap of the upgrade fairy, I don't thinl your t/a will be able to get anyhting better.

If you book a guarantee and they upgrade you and you like the upgrade can you refuse to be upgraded again?

Not normally, but it has been discussed on these boards that upgrades have apparently been reversed in the past after discussion with Cunard shoreside. I wouldn't want to put too large a wager on it though. :eek:

Not normally, but it has been discussed on these boards that upgrades have apparently been reversed in the past after discussion with Cunard shoreside. I wouldn't want to put too large a wager on it though. :eek:

Neither would I. I've read of pax being returned to their original specified cabin number when they've been upgraded by Cunard for whatever reason, but never seen any mention of guarantee cabins being changed at the passenger's request once allocated. What I have seen on other boards, notably Celebrity, is guarantee pax ringing shoreside and asking to stay in the newly allocated cabin and not upgraded again, but no idea if Cunard would play ball on that or, for that matter, if they only do it for US passengers - there does seem to be a rule for us and a rule for them.

FWIW, I think the forward cabins allocated to the OP on deck 4 are the best of the lot:).

Peter

Thank you to all who replied.

It appears that I am in a sheltered balcony (4003).

Would have been nice if I could have received a more mid ship location, but happy .

Jennie

You have a great location and in my view one of the best grades on board.

Thank you to all who replied.

It appears that I am in a sheltered balcony (4003).

Would have been nice if I could have received a more mid ship location, but happy .

Jennie

I don't know if I would actually call it "sheltered". On the QV, 4003 is classed as metal fronted. The balcony is a bit deeper than those above it. I have looked down from ours and seen those balconies sticking out a bit.

Here is a pic of a metal fronted balcony on the QV.

http://pictures.cruisecritic.com/data/513/medium/balcBxy.jpg

I don't know if I would actually call it "sheltered". On the QV, 4003 is classed as metal fronted. The balcony is a bit deeper than those above it. I have looked down from ours and seen those balconies sticking out a bit.

Here is a pic of a metal fronted balcony on the QV.

http://pictures.cruisecritic.com/data/513/medium/balcBxy.jpg

WOW,

Even more impressed , travelled in sheltered on QM2 which I enjoyed.

May I ask was this picture of 4003 ?

Jennie.

Are the Guarantee cabins usually released after final payment? My Final is due in a week and we still do not have an assignment. I always believe that no news is good news so we will wait it out with fingers crossed.

On other cruise lines I always book the cabin of my choice and mark no upgrade. This time I decided to let the good people of Cunard make that decision for me.

Are the Guarantee cabins usually released after final payment? My Final is due in a week and we still do not have an assignment. I always believe that no news is good news so we will wait it out with fingers crossed.

On other cruise lines I always book the cabin of my choice and mark no upgrade. This time I decided to let the good people of Cunard make that decision for me.

It can be at any time after final payment. We were told it would be about two weeks before the cruise and we have found this to be the case most times. Just keep looking in your Voyage Personaliser.

I booked a guarantee on 9 February for a sailing on 22 May. The cabin number appeared on the voyage personaliser on 24 February, 88 days days before I sail, not that I'm counting or anything... The last time I booked a guarantee, the cabin number appeared three or four weeks before the cruise, so it's in the lap of the gods.

Mary:D

I booked a guarantee on 9 February for a sailing on 22 May. The cabin number appeared on the voyage personaliser on 24 February, 88 days days before I sail, not that I'm counting or anything... The last time I booked a guarantee, the cabin number appeared three or four weeks before the cruise, so it's in the lap of the gods.

Mary:D

I am the opposite i have also book a guarantee for the 2nd May last November & i do not yet have my cabin number, But in the past i have always been allocated my cabin before the tickets arrived which is about 6 weeks before sailing so i expect that is when i get to know what i have been allocated.

Hello All,

Just looked at VP and guess what, I've been upgraded again to A4 Deck 6 (6007):)

Oh happy days ........

Jennie xx

4 years ago, on our first Cunard cruise, we too booked an A7 guarantee and were also upgraded to A4 ( 6035 ).

Now, this coming trip, in June, we're again booked an A7 guarantee but as yet we're not been assigned a cabin. I keep checking the voyage planner. Mind you, I've not paid the balance yet, but it must be due sometime this month.

Now, this coming trip, in June, we're again booked an A7 guarantee but as yet we're not been assigned a cabin. I keep checking the voyage planner. Mind you, I've not paid the balance yet, but it must be due sometime this month.

Don't worry - this is a GOOD thing. We always book guarantees on various cruiselines - and our expereince is that the later you get a cabin allocation for a guarantee fare, the better!!!! :D The latest we have received a cabin allocation was 3 days before sailing on a 42 day cruise- it was a DOOZY!! I hope not to receive a cabin on QM2 until the day before we sail :rolleyes:

Barry

Hi,

We've booked a guarantee cabin for the first time on our first Cunard cruise, we were allocated a cabin almost immediately after booking, we booked a D5 and that's exactly what we got!!. My question is... Is this it, or could be upgraded before we go?? We have paid in full and departing 27th April.

Thanks

Hi,

We've booked a guarantee cabin for the first time on our first Cunard cruise, we were allocated a cabin almost immediately after booking, we booked a D5 and that's exactly what we got!!. My question is... Is this it, or could be upgraded before we go?? We have paid in full and departing 27th April.

Thanks

Yes check your V.P.

We booked a guarantee balcony cabin (BG) on Princess in January. We were notified in February of a free upgrade to a BA cabin and were assigned a balcony on the lido deck. At the same time, I also discovered that they were running a special promotion with lower pricing. I called and downgraded to a BD balcony, was able to pick a cabin of my choice and had the amount remaining due reduced by almost $700. All this occurred booking directly with Princess. I love their customer service!

Archived