Carnival Legend Europe Cruises Cancelled

CupKayke

An email was just sent to Carnival Legend cruisers... several of the overseas dates for next year were cancelled. :( I made hotel reservations in Venice last night. :confused:

It's all cruises dated 9/25/13, 10/7/13, 10/19/13, 10/31/13 & 11/12/13.

Any reason given?

Yes - they are actually leaving Europe a bit sooner - adding a 15-day Transatlantic (Dover to New York), then a "unique" 11-day Caribbean (New York to Tampa), then a 5-day Western Caribbean and then resuming the normal 7-day Western Caribbean sailings.

Considering the recent flooding in Venice with ships not being able to drop-off or pick-up passengers over the weekend, it would make a bit of sense.

I am soooo going to try to talk my husband into the May sailing now!!!

This is upsetting:(. Even though I'm not on one of these particular cruises (We are booked for May 4, 2013 Legend), I feel bad for those who have already paid airline tickets. I know our air tickets cost more than the cruise. And we've already paid for hotels pre/post cruise. The future cruise credit wouldn't be close.

Could this happen to other cruises?:(:confused::(

We're booked on the July 27th Baltic cruise. I wonder why they'd want to cross the Atlantic during hurricane season or add additional Caribbean cruises during hurricane season? I really wonder what the reasoning is behind this decision?

This is upsetting:(. Even though I'm not on one of these particular cruises (We are booked for May 4' date=' 2013 Legend), I feel bad for those who have already paid airline tickets. I know our air tickets cost more than the cruise. And we've already paid for hotels pre/post cruise. The future cruise credit wouldn't be close.

Could this happen to other cruises?:(:confused::([/quote']

Carnival is giving full refunds inclusive of Carnival's air supplement, optional land packages, vacation protection plan, and government fees and taxes, FYI.

They are also giving a $200 per person credit for change fees on airfare. These cruises were so far out that it would be highly doubtful that anyone could have booked air yet. Air for October & November 2013 was not available for us when I checked this weekend.

I am surprised but this is one of those downfalls of being an extreme advance planner.... but I'm going with the guy who said he rebooked and got credits... I'm sure we will rebook and do the same! :)

CupKayke,

I have you on our Roll Call for Alaska, are you still doing that cruise as well? Sorry it's off subject. We cancelled our Legend British Isles cruise and are doing Alaska now.

No. Sorry. We cancelled Alaska and stuck with Europe only. Sorry.

Anyway, who knows where we will end-up NOW... but I don't think it will be Alaska... I think it will be the Carnival Sunshine April 2013 cruise... but who knows... I'm at work... hubby's at work...and we have ten days... which seems like ten minutes when you have to research everything as much as I do first!! LOL

No. Sorry. We cancelled Alaska and stuck with Europe only. Sorry.

Anyway, who knows where we will end-up NOW... but I don't think it will be Alaska... I think it will be the Carnival Sunshine April 2013 cruise... but who knows... I'm at work... hubby's at work...and we have ten days... which seems like ten minutes when you have to research everything as much as I do first!! LOL

Decisions can be difficult when it comes to cruising, too many options. It would be nice if you joined us though. :)

this is upsetting:(. Even though i'm not on one of these particular cruises (we are booked for may 4' date=' 2013 legend), i feel bad for those who have already paid airline tickets. I know our air tickets cost more than the cruise. And we've already paid for hotels pre/post cruise. The future cruise credit wouldn't be close.

Could this happen to other cruises?:(:confused::([/quote']

who knows--we are booked on--april 12--13 cruise---the way things are going in europe---it is terrible. Today it showed rioting in spain--in just the areas we are supposed to go----we too may cancel----irene and john--

So does this mean the Legend will still not be back in Tampa until December 2013?

From what it looks like the TA will take place on 9/25 and will be getting into NY on the 10/7. Then an 11 Nite Exotic Carib to Tampa followed by a 5 Nite and then resume normal Carib schedules. That should put the Legend back in Tampa for 10/18. All the Europe cruises from 9/25 on were cancelled and they moved the TA up to 10/7. Maybe not enough to fill the Ship especially with the Sunshine over there?

From what it looks like the TA will take place on 9/25 and will be getting into NY on the 10/7. Then an 11 Nite Exotic Carib to Tampa followed by a 5 Nite and then resume normal Carib schedules. That should put the Legend back in Tampa for 10/18. All the Europe cruises from 9/25 on were cancelled and they moved the TA up to 10/7. Maybe not enough to fill the Ship especially with the Sunshine over there?

That would be wonderful because we wanted to sail her in November and was so disappointed we weren't going to be able to.

We have never sailed out of Tampa and have heard so many good things about the Legend.

Thanks for the info......keeping my fingers crossed that this schedule remains the same.

We're keeping everything crossed that they don't cancel this cruise, as its the last cruise in Europe before the TA - - and we've already booked EVERYTHING - airfares, hotels & all. :(:confused::eek: I know, the moral of the story - - don't book airfares too soon, but with the cost of flights from Australia, you grab a "so called bargain" fare when you can. :D

I hope their scheduled plans don't include now changing this cruise - who else is cruising then? and how far are you into bookings etc??

We're keeping everything crossed that they don't cancel this cruise, as its the last cruise in Europe before the TA - - and we've already booked EVERYTHING - airfares, hotels & all. :(:confused::eek: I know, the moral of the story - - don't book airfares too soon, but with the cost of flights from Australia, you grab a "so called bargain" fare when you can. :D

I hope their scheduled plans don't include now changing this cruise - who else is cruising then? and how far are you into bookings etc??

Were on the Sept 1st cruise- everything booked, air, hotel, car service etc. Seen on a roll call someone said if they cancel they will just use the cruise money and stay in London, that is what we would do, and possible head over to Paris for a few days. Airfare is purchased- so one way or the other were going to London!

Were on the Sept 1st cruise- everything booked, air, hotel, car service etc. Seen on a roll call someone said if they cancel they will just use the cruise money and stay in London, that is what we would do, and possible head over to Paris for a few days. Airfare is purchased- so one way or the other were going to London!

We plan to do the same if they cancel our sept 13th cruise. We've already booked airfare, hotels and some excursions. We would just use the money to do a land vacation instead.

Carnival had planned to do the Funship 2.0 upgrades for the Legend in 2013 but didn't block out any time to do it. They said a few months ago that the upgrade would not be done before the Europe cruises so now I know how they plan to get it done.

We booked early for the Baltic cruise and the port fees have gone up significantly since then ($115 to $290 per person). They are ridiculously high now and I suspect they are having a hard time getting people booked on the Med cruises and would have to significantly drop their prices to offset the high port fees.

Fortunately they didn't cancel our cruises

We are in the same boat as you but not as deep as we are flying from CA instead of Australia. Fingers crossed for all of us on the September 13, 2013 cruise.

Archived