Norwegian Star W. Carib in March - Temperature?

N. Star

I've spent most of the morning looking through forums, posts, anyplace I could find, but still no answer. This will be our first ever cruise and I'm not sure what kinds of clothes we'll need onboard. I know it will be warm in the ports, but not on the ship. Do they keep it really air conditioned and I'll have to have sweaters, socks and jeans? Or is is summer air because it's so much further south? Sounds like an inconsequential question, but I get cold really easily and 2 teenagers think they should only bring shorts. Does anybody know? We're trying to pack as minimally as possible. Thanks!

We were on the Star in January, it will be warm in the ports but the air conditioned areas of the ship can be cool, as can the outdoor areas at night. We each bring a sweater and pants for the evening, and DH and I usually throw on our fleece coats at night when sitting out on the balcony. One pair of pants and a sweater work for us, as you only wear them for a few hours every night.

Enjoy the Star, we had a great time :)

It should be nice and warm for the most part.

Long pants and either a sweater or light jacket may be needed for the airconditioned places if you get cold easily. The dining rooms and theater are usually kept quite cool. Also out on deck in the evening could get cool depending on the weather.

Archived