Eclipse - CC host or hostess?

cruiseacecat

There is always a Cpt. Club host or hostess to take care of the Cpt. Club members. On your Feb. cruise it should have been Chandru, who is just excellent.

Anyone out there know who is on Eclipse now? Anyone??? :confused::confused:

Anne

Yes, I think that must have been Chandru. We went to see her to book a future cruise, and she was missing in action. I did not consider her to be the social hostess, though. Maybe so, but never saw her out and about mingling with passengers like they have in the past.

We have been on three Eclipse cruises. 2 were 14 days in length and we have never seen or been contacted by the C.C. Hostess. We were C.C. Members having already been on the Galaxy and the Summit.

We too did not realise one was on every ship until last years 12 day Venice cruise on the Sostice. Donna, the C.C. Hostess, was fabulous she made the cruise special by making sure we knew of events and offers open to C.C. Members. After complementing her on her help we asked if this service was being introduced on all solstice class ships and we were surprised to find out it was already in operation.

We are going on a 14 day Baltic cruise in 3 months time and would like to know who the hostess/host is?

Thanks

Chandru is a male from India. Probably not the cruise sales person you are referring to. :) :) He is usually everywhere at once. Hope you get to meet him on another cruise. A really nice, really hard working young man.

Anne

We met Chandru on Century during a Med cruise in Sept 2010, he was outstanding! Does anyone know where he currently is????

We have been on three Eclipse cruises. 2 were 14 days in length and we have never seen or been contacted by the C.C. Hostess. We were C.C. Members having already been on the Galaxy and the Summit.

We too did not realise one was on every ship until last years 12 day Venice cruise on the Sostice. Donna, the C.C. Hostess, was fabulous she made the cruise special by making sure we knew of events and offers open to C.C. Members. After complementing her on her help we asked if this service was being introduced on all solstice class ships and we were surprised to find out it was already in operation.

We are going on a 14 day Baltic cruise in 3 months time and would like to know who the hostess/host is?

Thanks

Donna is one of the very best. I hope to meet her again. Just excellent.

Anne

Chandru is a male from India. Probably not the cruise sales person you are referring to. :) :) He is usually everywhere at once. Hope you get to meet him on another cruise. A really nice, really hard working young man.

Anne

The person we saw around the ship was def. a female. :D Never knew there were male Social Host.

There is always a Cpt. Club host or hostess to take care of the Cpt. Club members.

Anne

Don't take this as a negative, but I've always thought that the only purpose of a CC host was to sell future cruises. Seriously, are there any other responsibilities that they have?

Future Cruise staff are different than the Captain's Club host/hostess. Some of the CC hosts can do Future Cruise bookings but not all have been trained to do so. The CC hosts are there to greet Elite members at the breakfast, and at the cocktail hour. Usually they are at the door at the cocktail hour checking id (if they don't know you by sight). They are at their desk for certain hours each day to explain the Captain's Club program, to check on your status if you are unclear, and to help investigate cruise history discrepancies. Also they coordinate the parties with recognition of the top cruiser(s) on each cruise.

Future Cruise staff are different than the Captain's Club host/hostess. Some of the CC hosts can do Future Cruise bookings but not all have been trained to do so. The CC hosts are there to greet Elite members at the breakfast, and at the cocktail hour. Usually they are at the door at the cocktail hour checking id (if they don't know you by sight). They are at their desk for certain hours each day to explain the Captain's Club program, to check on your status if you are unclear, and to help investigate cruise history discrepancies. Also they coordinate the parties with recognition of the top cruiser(s) on each cruise.

Okay, that explains it for me. I'm not Elite. I was close to getting there with RCCL which would have transferred over, but before I could, they changed their rules and now I'm no where near what I would need to be at. I'll have 8 credits after my next cruise in October, but they will undoubtedly change the rules before I get to Elite.

Archived