Dawn itinairy changes June 2016

Orleanscruiser

Hello everyone

I was checking on the NCL website tonight. i noticed they have changed the schedule for the Dawn . the cruise to Bermuda on June3-10 and June 10 -17 are not listed anymore on the website . There is no listing from May 8th to June 17th 2016.Does anyone have any information about thes change . We are booked on the June 3 2016 cruise.

Edited by Orleanscruiser

Just received this Email from Ncl

IMPORTANT: INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR CRUISE

Dear Valued Guests & Travel Partners,

Norwegian Dawn's 7-Day Bermuda sailing from Boston on June 3, 2016 is no longer available as the Norwegian Dawn will be out of service for maintenance and refurbishments. Norwegian Cruise Line sincerely apologizes for this cancellation and would like to thank you for your understanding. Our goal is to ensure that you still have the vacation of a lifetime with Norwegian.

It would be our pleasure to assist you in selecting another available sailing from the following options:

Option 1: Select one of Norwegian Dawn's available 7-Day Bermuda sailings from October 7, 2016 to October 21, 2016 and your cruise fare will be protected. If you choose this option, a $50 per stateroom onboard credit, which can be used on any expenditure on the ship excluding service charges, will be issued to your onboard account. If you are currently booked in a suite (categories beginning with S), a $100 per stateroom onboard credit, which can be used on any expenditure on the ship excluding service charges, will be issued to your onboard account.

Option 2: Select any available sailing in our fleet from now until December 31, 2017 at the current published fare and your deposit will be applied towards your reservation. If you choose this option, a $50 per stateroom onboard credit, which can be used on any expenditure on the ship excluding service charges, will be issued to your onboard account. If you are currently booked in a suite (categories beginning with S), a $100 per stateroom onboard credit, which can be used on any expenditure on the ship excluding service charges, will be issued to your onboard account.

We look forward to hearing from you by Monday, October 19, 2015, so that we can modify your reservation. We are standing by to assist you on our dedicated support line at (877) 461-1160 from 9:00 am to 7:00 pm ET Monday through Friday. If we do not receive a response by Monday, October 19, 2015, your reservations will be cancelled and deposits will be refunded.

We thank you for choosing Norwegian Cruise Line and we look forward to assisting you in selecting a new cruise vacation.

Sincerely,

Vivian Ewart Vice President, Passenger Services

So they are extending the dry dock a couple of weeks - they must be planning more upgrades - or they could not get the actual dry dock time they requested.

Maybe they are going to do more work on her hull after the minor grounding earlier this year.

Sorry about your need to reschedule - that really sucks but it is better you know about it now rather than later.

So they are extending the dry dock a couple of weeks - they must be planning more upgrades - or they could not get the actual dry dock time they requested.

Maybe they are going to do more work on her hull after the minor grounding earlier this year.

Sorry about your need to reschedule - that really sucks but it is better you know about it now rather than later.

True. I'd rather know now. I'm booked on June 3 also.

Was booked on the Dawn for June 3rd also, received email , Glad that we received notice but not happy that we have to take cruise from Oct 7 to Oct 21 2016 to "Protect' our cruise fare , This is not right , Norwegian should honor the rate we booked regardless . I understand that the summer months are PEAK months but come on . This would have been my 3rd cruise and 1st time with Norwegian.

I just received notification that the June 10 cruise is also cancelled. I feel strongly that our booking price should be protected no matter when we choose to cruise. It was not our choice to change the sailing date. While I understand that the summer months are prime cruise months, I think NCL owes us the courtesy of honoring our booking price.We are already booked on an October cruise and can't change the date for this one.

Tried calling the phone # they said to call. It's a non working phone #. Been on hold now for 15 minutes now waiting to get my refund. Great job ncl giving us a non working #.

(877) 461-1160 from 9:00 am to 7:00 pm ET Monday through Friday. I c[alled this # and was on hold fo less than 5 minutes. I already spoke to an agent at this phone # and was offered the month of october to rebook . I told the agent October was not a good month for us (work related) Since I was booked in a suite on the Dawn I was offered the Gem in May (Bahama)or the Breakaway in May (bermuda). , Now we are booked on the Breakaway for May 29 to June 5th 2016 .

True. I'd rather know now. I'm booked on June 3 also.

I called today after I got the email advising me that the June 10 sailing was not available due to refurbishing. I changed to June 17, similar cabin $40 more because of taxes, but got $50 onboard credit. It was very easy, could not get the same cabin#, but got one a few cabins away same balcony family. We were scheduled to go to Bermuda on Sept 4, 2011, but itinerary was changed due to Hurricane Irene. I could go out of New York, but I don't want to go a a mega ship. Glad they decided to refurbish the Dawn.

I called today after I got the email advising me that the June 10 sailing was not available due to refurbishing. I changed to June 17, similar cabin $40 more because of taxes, but got $50 onboard credit. It was very easy, could not get the same cabin#, but got one a few cabins away same balcony family. We were scheduled to go to Bermuda on Sept 4, 2011, but itinerary was changed due to Hurricane Irene. I could go out of New York, but I don't want to go a a mega ship. Glad they decided to refurbish the Dawn.

i agree not a big fan of megaship out of new york , but could not turn down this offer . we went from a aft suite deck 8 on the dawn to The Haven Aft-Facing Penthouse with Master Bedroom and Balcony on the 13 th floor on the Breakaway for a minimal incease to cover the taxes and we received $100.00 obc

I don't get it. My notification has no date restriction.

We were given 2 options

Option 1: Select one of Norwegian Dawn's available 7-Day Bermuda sailings from October 7, 2016 to October 21, 2016 and your cruise fare will be protected. If you choose this option, a $50 per stateroom onboard credit, which can be used on any expenditure on the ship excluding service charges, will be issued to your onboard account. If you are currently booked in a suite (categories beginning with S), a $100 per stateroom onboard credit, which can be used on any expenditure on the ship excluding service charges, will be issued to your onboard account.

Option 2: Select any available sailing in our fleet from now until December 31, 2017 at the current published fare and your deposit will be applied towards your reservation. If you choose this option, a $50 per stateroom onboard credit, which can be used on any expenditure on the ship excluding service charges, will be issued to your onboard account. If you are currently booked in a suite (categories beginning with S), a $100 per stateroom onboard credit, which can be used on any expenditure on the ship excluding service charges, will be issued to your onboard account.

We look forward to hearing from you by Monday, October 19, 2015, so that we can modify your reservation. We are standing by to assist you on our dedicated support line at (877) 461-1160 from 9:00 am to 7:00 pm ET Monday through Friday. If we do not receive a response by Monday, October 19, 2015, your reservations will be cancelled and deposits will be refunded

Edited by Orleanscruiser

We called the number listed on our email...no problem.. changed to July 1 sailing.. wanted to have our same aft cabin..not sure where people get that they can only book in Oct. yes.. the prices are higher in summer...BUT if one reads the email.. you will see that you can book for the same price.. with on board credit.. go back and read the emails!!

We were also given two options..........

Option 1: Select one of Norwegian Dawn's available 7-Day Bermuda sailings and your cruise fare will be protected. If you choose this option, a $50 per

stateroom onboard credit, which can be used on any expenditure on the ship excluding service charges, will be issued to your onboard account. If you are

currently booked in a suite (categories beginning with S), a $100 per stateroom onboard credit, which can be used on any expenditure on the ship

excluding service charges, will be issued to your onboard account.

Option 2: Select any available sailing in our fleet from now until December 31, 2017 at the current published fare and your deposit will be applied towards

your reservation. If you choose this option, a $50 per stateroom onboard credit, which can be used on any expenditure on the ship excluding service

charges, will be issued to your onboard account. If you are currently booked in a suite (categories beginning with S), a $100 per stateroom onboard credit,

which can be used on any expenditure on the ship excluding service charges, will be issued to your onboard account.

We look forward to hearing from you by Monday, October 19, 2015, so that we can modify your reservation. We are standing by to assist you on our

dedicated support line at (877) 461-1160 from 9:00 am to 7:00 pm ET Monday through Friday. If we do not receive a response by Monday, October 19,

2015, your reservations will be cancelled and deposits will be refunded.

............. could not turn down this offer . we went from a aft suite deck 8 on the dawn to The Haven Aft-Facing Penthouse with Master Bedroom and Balcony on the 13 th floor on the Breakaway for a minimal incease to cover the taxes and we received $100.00 obc

GREAT DEAL Indeed!

Option 1: Select one of Norwegian Dawn's available 7-Day Bermuda sailings and your cruise fare will be protected. If you choose this option, a $50 per

stateroom onboard credit, which can be used on any expenditure on the ship excluding service charges, will be issued to your onboard account. If you are

currently booked in a suite (categories beginning with S), a $100 per stateroom onboard credit, which can be used on any expenditure on the ship

Option 2: Select any available sailing in our fleet from now until December 31, 2017 at the current published fare and your deposit will be applied towards

your reservation. If you choose this option, a $50 per stateroom onboard credit, which can be used on any expenditure on the ship excluding service

charges, will be issued to your onboard account. If you are currently booked in a suite (categories beginning with S), a $100 per stateroom onboard credit,

which can be used on any expenditure on the ship excluding service charges, will be issued to your onboard account.

We look forward to hearing from you by Monday, October 19, 2015, so that we can modify your reservation. We are standing by to assist you on our

dedicated support line at (877) 461-1160 from 9:00 am to 7:00 pm ET Monday through Friday. If we do not receive a response by Monday, October 19,

Our email read the same....guess they all did not all have the same information..maybe depending on the date??? does seem confusing.. after going back and reading what some people received

Well it looks like june 3-10 option 1 is different from june 10-17 option1

june 3 option 1 :

Option 1: Select one of Norwegian Dawn's available 7-Day Bermuda sailings from October 7, 2016 to October 21, 2016 and your cruise fare will be protected[/B]. If you choose this option, a $50 per stateroom onboard credit, which can be used on any expenditure on the ship excluding service charges, will be issued to your onboard account. If you are currently booked in a suite (categories beginning with S), a $100 per stateroom onboard credit, which can be used on any expenditure on the ship excluding service charges, will be issued to your onboard account.

June 10 option 1 :

the letter for June 3-10 is different we were given the option to book from Oct 7 to october 21, 2016

and the letter for june 10-17 were given the option any Norwegian Dawn's available 7-Day Bermuda sailings

Edited by Orleanscruiser

We called the number listed on our email...no problem.. changed to July 1 sailing.. wanted to have our same aft cabin..not sure where people get that they can only book in Oct. yes.. the prices are higher in summer...BUT if one reads the email.. you will see that you can book for the same price.. with on board credit.. go back and read the emails!!

Sorry about that....... guess all the emails didn't have the same options...

Guess it depends on the date.. whatever........

My guess is that they moved to the October dates because they knew the rates would be the same. Kids are still in school in the beginning June and October and not as many people will be sailing with them. They want to keep the rates for their peak months to get as much from everyone as possible.

The good news is that they gave you enough notice to change.