Rent the Runway UPS returns?

Hi friends! I'm about to take my first cruise in October (honeymoon!) and I am planning to rent a few dresses to bring along, especially for the formal nights. My question for you all is if there is any opportunity on the ship or at the ports to drop off the dress in a UPS box for return (I guess it might depend on the port- we are stopping at St Thomas and St Maarten). Or maybe someone like a concierge you can pay to take care of it for you. I'd like to avoid having to rent the dress for the entire duration, if possible.

Just wondering if anyone has done this with any success! Thanks!

That is super smart. They include return labels with the order, so I'm used to just dropping off the dress from wherever... However, I just checked the website, and they say that the items must be returned from within the US.

So, thanks for that! Question answered, lol.

• 1 month later...

I'm glad you asked the question though cruisin_gatorgirl, because I am considering doing the same thing for my honeymoon cruise in December! I don't think I'll be able to since we're going on a 7-day cruise, and flying out to TX the day before :(. Oh well, guess I'll just have to buy a fancy new dress :D

Hey deltag22, I contacted them about it, and this is what they said:

Thanks for contacting Rent the Runway! At the moment, the longest rental period that we have is 8 days.

However, since you’re going to have your potential styles delivered on a weekend, that does give you some wiggle room. You can place an order for an 8 day rental starting on October 17. Since the return will be on a weekend, you will technically have until noon on that Monday, October 26, to drop your return off at a UPS location.

My cruise leaves on a Sunday and returns on a Sunday, so it would have to be delivered on a Saturday and returned on a Monday, with no additional charges. I know the 8-day rentals are more expensive, but if there's a dress you really want, this is how we can make it work lol! Congrats on your upcoming wedding!

• 1 month later...
That is super smart. They include return labels with the order, so I'm used to just dropping off the dress from wherever... However, I just checked the website, and they say that the items must be returned from within the US.

So, thanks for that! Question answered, lol.

St. Thomas is a U.S. Terratory. Would that be helpful?