MDR Menus Royal Caribbean w/special diets symbols

laniekisses

Can someone please post a pdf of the Royal Caribbean main dining room menus. I found the pdf on the press releases through Royal's website a year ago but can't seem to access it anymore. I need the information with the little symbols that say if something is vegetarian or lactose-free. I would like to print them off, so pictures won't really work.

If you want to know why I need them, here is my little story:

I mostly eat a whole foods plant-based diet at home. Last cruise I didn't want to be difficult so I just ordered the vegetarian options and got sick from all the creamy cheesy dishes. After the first couple days, the vegetarian main dishes I couldn't eat more than one bite of and then stole all the (insert yummy veggie here) off the carnivores plates. There are SO many yummy veggie sides that go with those steaks! I'm hoping they will just serve me a plate with all those sides. But I want to be prepared, have the menus with me and make notes of what might work for me. I'm a total pushover and don't want to be difficult, but I know if I want to stay healthy and enjoy the cruise I have to special order. Which scares me, so wish me luck!

You need to call the "special needs" dept...they will make sure you have what you want/need. You can't just get on the ship and expect them to have what you need....call in advance! Then, once onboard, the head waiter will tell you daily what to expect for the next day.

RCI does a great job IF they know in advance!!!

Edited by cb at sea

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

On several cruises, my friends and I found we really liked a side dish that came with someone's entree, so we asked the waiter for another serving of that side. Most times he brought the entire plate even though we didn't want another serving of the meat, but he always said not to worry and to eat only the part we wanted.

So, I say, just ask for what you want. Go ahead and ask for one of each of the veggie sides on the menu for that night. They really do want to please their guests, and they never seem bothered by such requests.