Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Ports of Call > Caribbean > Jamaica

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Old January 29th, 2005, 11:14 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default MOBAY Canopy tour and Sunset Beach

Will be on the Conquest in June. Has anyone done the Canopy Tour in the morning and Sunset beach afterward? Is this possible? We dock in Mobay at 9:00 a.m. and leave at 5:30 p.m. I would love to do both and get in a little shopping. Would this be possible? How much is the Canopy tour through Carnival? Who has done it with a private group? Would love to hear from someone who has done either or both. Sunset beach is a no-brainer but would also love to see a little bit of Jamaica and the canopy tour sounds like a blast.

Old February 24th, 2005, 04:37 PM
Cool Cruiser

Stacey,
I too would love to know that answers to your questions! Anyone out there who has done the canapy tour through Carnival? Help!

Old March 4th, 2005, 05:23 PM
Cool Cruiser

Stacey,
I was about to post that same question!!! The canopy tour looks relaly cool, but I would also like to do the beach. If ANYONE can answer these questions for us, it would be great!!!!! We will be on the Conquest 6/12, but I am trying to plan ahead!

Old March 5th, 2005, 11:07 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by craziedazie
Stacey,
I was about to post that same question!!! The canopy tour looks relaly cool, but I would also like to do the beach. If ANYONE can answer these questions for us, it would be great!!!!! We will be on the Conquest 6/12, but I am trying to plan ahead!
Dazie, you will be on the Conquest a couple weeks before us!! I know you are really as excited as we are!! A member of our group has been researching the Canopy tour and it looks as though we will have to book through Carnival as we can't find a private tour. Does anyone out there know if this excursion can be booked privately???

Old March 5th, 2005, 11:46 PM
Cool Cruiser

Stacey - Do you know how much this costs through Carnival?? I really want to find someone who has done it before I book! From what I've read on the boards, Sunset beach is a sure thing - you know all about it and will have a good time....but when would I have the chance to traverse through a jungle again...unless they pick me to be on the Amazing Race..... maybe if we keep bumping the thread someone will finally know something!

Ad Sponsored By
Old March 6th, 2005, 10:55 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Website

You can try going to their website at www.canopypago.com. We got this info when we were at SSB last November. They didn't give any pricing on their brochure and we didn't really look into it because we were in Mobay for only three days. I picked up the brochure in the lobby because we are returning this November for 10 days and thought that maybe this may be a day-trip we'd like to take. I did talk to a lady who had done the canopy tour the day before we got there. She had taken her grandson and they were so excited about it. The little boy (he was 9) was so excited, he could barely finish a sentence before he was on to the next one telling me what fun he had. I didn't ask the price of them but DH thinks he remembers hearing her say something about $60-65 per hour. I don't remember hearing that but he may be correct. Hope this helps you some.

Old March 7th, 2005, 01:20 PM
Cool Cruiser

Thanks Janet for the website! I tried to "book now" just to get pricing Dazey and it wouldn't let me. My friend e-mailed them and they said you had to book through the ship in Jamaica. Anyway, you might try to book it through your ship online and see how much it is. I tried this also and Carnival doesn;t have the excursions up on thier website for my sailing yet. If you find out the cost or anyone out there knows the cost, please let us know!! Thanks, Stacey

Old March 8th, 2005, 08:06 PM
Cool Cruiser

I'm sailing in April and we are planning on doing the canopy tour. On the Celebrity Cruise website it says it's $89 and takes 4 hours and 15 minutes. I haven't found any place you can book it privately. Hope this helps!

Old March 9th, 2005, 10:35 AM
Cool Cruiser

Thanks Nicole for the info. I would guess that the price is very close to Carnival's and the time also. Write us a review when you get back!!

Old March 10th, 2005, 06:09 AM
Cool Cruiser

Hi there! The Canopy Tours through Carnival are $99. We have done them in Puerta Vallarta and it really is a blast!!

You probably could do the Canopy Tour and go to Sunset Beach OR shopping, but you couldn't do the Tour, Sunset Beach AND shopping. You'll have to be back on the ship by 5:00 pm, not 5:30 so you'll need to leave wherever you are by 4:30 to get there.

Since doing both sounds very hectic, I'd really recommend choosing what you really want to do and do it, rather than try to cram it all in. It's really not much fun to try to cram too much in.

Next Up-Carnival Miracle 2/06

Carnival Conquest 2/2005
Legend of the Seas 12/2003
Sun Princess 1/2003
Grand Princess 5/2002
Enchantment of the Seas 2/1999
Carnival Destiny 1/1998
Nieuw Amsterdam 3/1993

Old November 9th, 2006, 06:18 PM
Cool Cruiser

wondering if its possible to do the 9am tour and then go to sunset? anyone done this?

Carnival Conquest, Summer 2007

Carnival Ecstasy-- TBA ("Free Cruise")