Question re day pass Bermuda-coco Reef

Jetswdo

For those of you who booked the Coco Reef day pass in Bermuda, how many months prior to your cruise did you book that? Thanks, Anita

Just returned from the Celebrity Bermuda Cruise. We reserved coco reef about 2 months prior to the cruise via e-mail. No downside, as you do not have to pay until you arrive at the hotel. If the weather isn't good- you just do not go and do not pay. We loved the hotel. It had a beautiful beach and we were allowed to use the hotel pool. A nice lunch was provided either indoor in the airconditioned dining room or outdoors on the terrace.

You will be glad you spent the day at this hotel. While horseshoe bay is also beautiful, it is very crowded.

For those of you who booked the Coco Reef day pass in Bermuda, how many months prior to your cruise did you book that? Thanks, Anita

We reserved on July 7th for our July 13th sailing aboard the Summit. As other have said, it was just a really nice place to spend the day at a very pretty beach. Our first day in Bermuda was overcast and a little rain, so we were concerned what the next day would be like. No worries, as it was just georgious when we woke up the next morning!

Here is the e-mail address if anyone needs it:

reservations@cocoreef.bm

Enjoy!

We plan on finding others to share a taxi from the Summit -- I read that you can get a taxi for 6 persons. Are there plenty of taxis available that size or does that have to be reserved in advance?

We want to do this on the first Bermuda day- and get to resort as early as possible. What is the earliest we can show up at the resort? Our idea is to spend the am right after light breakfast, enjoy the facilities and lunch there. We want to get back to ship around 3:00 or so, rest up, then leave around 6:00 to have dinner at the origional Swizzle Inn. This would be a Wed. when the festivities Harbor nights would be going on and ferry leaves later to accomodate that. (we'd like to join festival for a little bit)-

Also last question- I understand there is decent snorkling near the hotel towards elbow beach. Can you just walk along the beach to find this snorkel area, or is it easier to walk through Elbow Beach resort- (I read someplace that this area is between the two hotels?)

We plan on finding others to share a taxi from the Summit -- I read that you can get a taxi for 6 persons. Are there plenty of taxis available that size or does that have to be reserved in advance?

We want to do this on the first Bermuda day- and get to resort as early as possible. What is the earliest we can show up at the resort? Our idea is to spend the am right after light breakfast, enjoy the facilities and lunch there. We want to get back to ship around 3:00 or so, rest up, then leave around 6:00 to have dinner at the origional Swizzle Inn. This would be a Wed. when the festivities Harbor nights would be going on and ferry leaves later to accomodate that. (we'd like to join festival for a little bit)-

Also last question- I understand there is decent snorkling near the hotel towards elbow beach. Can you just walk along the beach to find this snorkel area, or is it easier to walk through Elbow Beach resort- (I read someplace that this area is between the two hotels?)

Easy to get a car at the pier. Lined up as the Breakaway and Summit are busy letting people off the ships. You can arrive at 9:AM. Not exactly sure when the ship docks. We went on the second day to Coco Reef. Elbow beach is direct next to coco reef. Walked a few hundred feet and toured the Elbow Beach resort! We didn't go to harbor nights.

The ferry TO Hamilton leaves the Dockyard at 5:30pm and 6:30pm. The ferry ride is 20 minutes, 5 to 10 minute walk to the bus terminal and a 30 minute bus ride to the Swizzle Inn... OR grab a taxi to the Swizzle Inn...

So if you leave at 5:30pm from the Dockyard, expect to be at the Swizzle Inn around 6:30pm...food, beverage, etc... expect around 90 minutes ( so now 8pm )...so at best you will be in Hamilton for the Harbor Nights around 8:30pm.

For me and a lot of regular cruisers here on CC, the quality of Harbor Nights has been falling each year compared to what it was just 5 years ago...