Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Digital Photography & Cruise Technology > Photo & Camera Discussions

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Photo & Camera Discussions

Old May 16th, 2009, 07:23 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default need help with underwater camera

any suggestions on where to buy a not so expersive underwater camera? not disposable? I already have a nice digital so I dont really want to spend a whole lot on an underwater but may want to change my mind about the disposables.
Carnival Sensation Jan. 2011
Carnival Fascination June 2, 2011
Carnival Sensation Sept. 2012
Carnival Sensation April 2013
Carnival Fascination Sept. 2014 Son's 21st birthday cruise

Old May 16th, 2009, 08:23 PM
Cool Cruiser

I just bought the Olympus Stylus 850 SW on Amazon for $160 + shipping. I took it with me on the jet skis in Coco Cay and the dolphin swim in Nassau. It works great! I haven't realy tried out the underwater features (snorkeling, etc.) but the waterproof part works great!

I have a DSLR and I was VERY impressed by some of the features of this pocketsize camera.

May 2006: Carnival Victory, May 2009: Monarch of the Seas, June 2011: Serenade of the Seas
June 2012: Carnival Victory (Southern) http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1659561
June 2013: Freedom of the Seas (Western) http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...6#post38814846
August 2014: Majesty of the Seas (Bahamas)
January 2015: Navigator of the Seas (Exotic Western)

Old May 16th, 2009, 09:34 PM
Cool Cruiser

Olympus has a store on eBay where they sell old models and reconditioned cameras - you should check it out.

Old May 16th, 2009, 10:45 PM
Cool Cruiser

This one is just out! Canon PowerShot D10 12.1 MP Waterproof Digital Camera with 3x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 2.5-inch LCD I have one coming on Monday.

June 2009 Alaska Southbound HAL Ryndam

Old May 17th, 2009, 12:12 AM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by April-in-NC View Post
I just bought the Olympus Stylus 850 SW on Amazon for $160 + shipping. I took it with me on the jet skis in Coco Cay and the dolphin swim in Nassau. It works great! I haven't realy tried out the underwater features (snorkeling, etc.) but the waterproof part works great!

I have a DSLR and I was VERY impressed by some of the features of this pocketsize camera.
Sam's club is running this for about $158.00 right now as well and I think it includes the floatable strap. You may want to ck that if you are a Sam's member.