Hotel in FLL

lexusgirl12

We will be staying in FLL for a few days after a cruise in October,any recommend hotels not near the airport? What should we see and or do?

Thanks

Prices on beach front hotels should be good in October. That is the low or swing season. If you don't want to stay at the beach there are very nice hotels on S.E. 17th st., an under $15 taxi ride from the pier. Try the water taxi hop on hop off tour, under $20, downtown las Olas blvd river walk, there is a nice Irish Pub area there. Believe this pub is also a stop on the water taxi.

I'm staying a couple of days between my 2 cruises and once again selected the Embassy Suites. The price for October was about $300.00 for both days. It includes a full breakfast and manager's reception each evening. The breakfast is fantastic and the reception is so-so. It does include free drinks but the snacks are hit and miss. The pool there is awesome and they have a coy pond. There is a mall behind the hotel (small) but has everything you could want or need.

I had checked out several of the beach hotels, but finally decided to stick with what I knew was good.

Maureen

I'm fond of the Marriott Renaissance on 17th. I stay there if I fly in a day or two before my cruise, and the night after a cruise, before flying back to the Left Coast.

Consider the Hampton Inn just outside of downtown Ft. Lauderdale. It's walking distance to the Broward Theatre and the riverfront area, many nice restaurants and night life while still in a quiet location. The hotel runs a shuttle to the port.

Edited by taxatty

We stayed for a few days at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina in March and really enjoyed it. The water taxi stop is right there under the 17th street bridge, there were restaurants on site as well as many within walking distance. Shopping for wine and other items was also a short walk away. The port is a short 5 minute taxi ride. :)

Hyatt Place on 10th, halfway between the port and airport, near shops restaurants.

We stayed there this year as well, and were pleased. It is officially called "Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale 17th Street Convention Center". A mouthful. :D

We have stayed at the Hyatt Place and Hilton Marina most often. The Hyatt Place has a free shuttle from the airport, which is nice, as well as free breakfast. The Hilton is nicer and has a great pool area. We like to stay there after a cruise because of the closeness to the water taxi. For our upcoming cruise, we're booked at the Renaissance. It's our first time staying there.

We stayed there this year as well, and were pleased. It is officially called "Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale 17th Street Convention Center". A mouthful. :D

Kind of misleading, but I would say thats why they use 17th St in the title. More people can relate to that. ;)

Only problem is you can't see it from 17th St, its really hidden.

Prices on beach front hotels should be good in October. That is the low or swing season.

As long as it isn't the very end of October. The Boat Show this year is October 30 - November 3. Hotels will be very expensive - and sold out.

We have stayed at the Hyatt Place and Hilton Marina most often. The Hyatt Place has a free shuttle from the airport, which is nice, as well as free breakfast. The Hilton is nicer and has a great pool area. We like to stay there after a cruise because of the closeness to the water taxi. For our upcoming cruise, we're booked at the Renaissance. It's our first time staying there.

I liked the Renaissance a lot. But a couple of warnings: the rooms are nice but for a non-urban hotel, very small (I had a high-floor, -08 series room; great port views]. And on cruise turnaround days, it is busy, busy, busy. The people at the desk were pleasant and tried their best to keep things flowing, but prepare for waits for your room to be ready/to check-in/to check-out. And waits for a cab to the port. Nice little bar in the lobby, and a quick walk to Walgreen's and Starbucks and the always-excellent Harbor Nails.

We will be staying in FLL for a few days after a cruise in October,any recommend hotels not near the airport? What should we see and or do?

Thanks

How many days will you have? If time, how about splitting time with Miami Beach? Lots more there.