Carnival Magic with a one year old

onebzemom

I've been doing a lot of reading and saving lots of information.

I'm looking for anyone who recently cruised on the Carnival Magic with a infant.

Camp Carnival question. I've read you can take your child in the morning between 8-10 to play, but you need to be there. This is great. Also, from 10pm - 2am. Although we don't stay up late enough for this one. Our evenings usually end around 11 or so.

Somewhere I read they provided babysitting for other times. But I can't find it even when doing a search. I'm wanting day care for dinner during formal night at 6pm and for a show afterwards. Is this possible and how much?

What about port days? Not sure if I will being doing this, but just in case. Leaving the ship and walking around while she sleeps??? Just gathering options right now.

Any other suggestions when cruising on the Magic would be great.

thanks a lot!

• 2 weeks later...

Just because it happened doesn't mean it's allowed, or even, sanitary! I certainly wouldn't let my child go in a ships's pool with diapered kids! The ship's pools don't have the same capabilities that a larger, land-based pool might have. Fecal bacteria can cause a host of problems!

Carnival does not provide babysitting except the group sitting late at night, and some daytime group sitting on port days. Nothing during dinner or for a show. EM

I wish I could find the post where someone paid $6.00 an hour for babysitting. I was hoping whoever did that post would respond.

Thank you for the information.

I found this at Carnival's FAQ page under "babysitting" . Maybe its helpful ?

Besides the complimentary Camp Carnival® activities that are available every day, we also have a little thing we like to call Night Owls. It’s the late-night way for kids ages 11 and younger to stay up late and have a blast! It runs from 10:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m. and includes video games, movies, board games, snacks and drinks. It’s $6.75 USD per hour per child. And we make it easy by charging it to your Sail & Sign® Card.

We also have three different Night Owls parties your kids can partake in, all geared toward their age group to make sure they’re having the time of their lives. Owl Jams from 10 p.m. to 12 a.m. is where kids from 2 to 11 can get their arts and crafts on, beat their high score on a video game or just dance to newest and hottest tunes for $13 USD per child.

We also have Fun ‘Til One from 10 p.m. to 1 a.m. for kids ages 6 to 8 which is loaded with dancing, singing and video games for $20 USD per child.

And finally, we have Fun at Sea …’Til 3:00 from 10 p.m. to 3 a.m. for $33 USD per child — the go-to party for sporting events, competitions, plus pizza and ice cream eating competitions! Perfect for kids’ ages 9 to11.

Party fees for all parties includes cool giveaways and yummy snacks. Please note a 15% gratuity will be added to all Camp Carnival Night Owls program fees.

All Night Owls activities take place in Camp Carnival. There are NO in-stateroom services available. Daytime services are available for infants 2 and under on port days for the same price. Contact the Camp Carnival Staff on board for specific times of these services as they vary by port.

We're cruising in April with our 4 year old and our son who will be 2 weeks shy of 2. I would also love to have a peaceful dinner and see a show. I'm hoping they make an exception for him, but I'm not counting on it.

I did email Carnival and explain how much I would appreciate dinner time sitting, even if we had to pay for it. I also explained how this would make my dining experience so much more enjoyable, as well as others, because as much as I will try to keep my son happy and content during dinner, I can't promise I'll succeed. I encourage you to email them too. Maybe if they get enough requests they'll consider it.

Don't believe the Naysayers who say its against policy for babies in swim diapers to be in the pools. I was on the Magic for T'giving week & saw PLENTY of babies/toddlers in the pool area & splash zone. No one blinked an eye.

And yet another reason why I wouldn't sail Carnival again if they paid me. Blatently putting the health of their passengers in jeopardy is no laughing matter.

We're cruising in April with our 4 year old and our son who will be 2 weeks shy of 2. I would also love to have a peaceful dinner and see a show. I'm hoping they make an exception for him, but I'm not counting on it.

I did email Carnival and explain how much I would appreciate dinner time sitting, even if we had to pay for it. I also explained how this would make my dining experience so much more enjoyable, as well as others, because as much as I will try to keep my son happy and content during dinner, I can't promise I'll succeed. I encourage you to email them too. Maybe if they get enough requests they'll consider it.

It's a matter of their liability insurance. They won't make an exception. EM

It's a matter of their liability insurance. They won't make an exception. EM

I know on NCL, they absolutely won't make any exceptions - I assume it's a liability issue. And obviously, if a toddler isn't behaving at dinner, and annoying other guests, that child should be removed from the dining room (and this is coming from a mom of many).

• 1 month later...

Does anyone remember their port hours for babysitting? We will likely be sailing with a one year old on the Magic as well and realize that there will not be any shows/dinners alone... but I would like to use the port babysitting just to go use the pool for a couple hours.

I've been doing a lot of reading and saving lots of information.

I'm looking for anyone who recently cruised on the Carnival Magic with a infant.

Camp Carnival question. I've read you can take your child in the morning between 8-10 to play, but you need to be there. This is great. Also, from 10pm - 2am. Although we don't stay up late enough for this one. Our evenings usually end around 11 or so.

Somewhere I read they provided babysitting for other times. But I can't find it even when doing a search. I'm wanting day care for dinner during formal night at 6pm and for a show afterwards. Is this possible and how much?

What about port days? Not sure if I will being doing this, but just in case. Leaving the ship and walking around while she sleeps??? Just gathering options right now.

Any other suggestions when cruising on the Magic would be great.

thanks a lot!

Carnival has no babysitting at all for under two-just the drop off on port days and from 10pm-2AM. There is a charge of 6.75 per child. I think u should know this because it sounds like you are banking on babysitting.

Edited by rebeccalouiseagain

Carnival has no babysitting at all for under two-just the drop off on port days and from 10pm-2AM. There is a charge of 6.75 per child. I think u should know this because it sounds like you are banking on babysitting.

There is some babysitting for under 2 but it is very limited. A couple of morning hours on part days and then the after 10pm program.

On sea days they have drop in for parent and baby for a couple of hours in the morning. I will try to find the picture of the poster that detailed this.

I took your suggestion and sent an email to Carnival. I thought I would get a reply. Nothing yet. But maybe they will take our suggestions and someday provide us a babysitting service. I can only imagine how many people would use this service. They could set it up like the 'Faster to the Fun'. Where there is limited availability and you have to book before the cruise. Do you think Carnival reads these post?