NCL EPIC TRANSATLANTIC Oct. 20th, 2013

aireboy

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I wish. Cheapest balcony for a solo passenger is $1638($819 x2). Studio is $999 for a solo.

Wow, guess different pricing structures in the US.

Mind you the studio lounge on Epic is better than it was on Breakaway..

:D

This years TA I've switched from a Starboard one to a nice Port one :)

This will be our second cruise, both on Norwegian, but first on Epic, and first Trans Atlantic.

We are a gay male couple 40 and 37 together for 11 years from Toronto Canada

We are hoping to find some fun gay couples or singles on this cruise to hang around with.

Its 13 days long, so why not make some friends!

We are looking forward to hearing from you

Dana & Mauro

So drinks are on you then.. Which day are we celebrating.

I think this is about my 12th cruise, 4th time on Epic and 4th TA. 2nd in Epic! Last year was a really great crowd. A core dozen or so of us in Bliss/Spice every night and then the other 30 or so guys who attended the FOD meetings would drift in and out..

A great way to spend your 40th, you're one year ahead of me, need to plan mine for next November.

Oh and with 6 25hr days if you drink make sure to get the package! My bar bill was over a $1000 last year. I think the beverage package will be about $700 pp on this trip.

LOL i just might do that!

I am actually celebrating on the 8th - but I am willing to wait - I think this is going to be an amazing cruise...

Our last one was on the Rosie O'donnell cruise - it was great - but it really is geared towards families - and since we don't have kids - we really didn't meet anyone to hang around with.

I had no idea you could by a drink package - this sounds like a great option -

Stupid question - but was is the FOD meetings?

It would be great to have a core group that gets together - that is exactly what we are looking for.

FOD - Friends of Dorothy, the old name for the LGBT (and insert whatever the latest PC letters :rolleyes: are today) meetings.

They are not hosted, informal come if you like, Normally around 7ish at Shakers bar on deck 7.

NCL introduced the Ultimate Beverage Package (UBP) fleet wide this year.

It's $49 + 15%tip per person for the length of the cruise and all in the cabin have to buy it (to prevent one person buying drink for them, then 10mins later nipping to another bar for another drink and giving it to their partner)

It includes bottles and draught beers up to $5.50 (before tip price), most spirits and mixers, wine up to $10 per glass and cocktails up to $8.50. Plus Soda and juices.

I saved about $100 on the Breakaway TA last month with it..

what type of weather / temps can we look forward to on this type of cruise at this time of the year?

I have been told to try and get a PORT side room - as the sun will always be on that side?

Yes as the Sun hangs low over the equator for northern hemisphere at that type of year it will be in the Sth and as predominately west crossing the left (port) side balconies are in the Sun.

Last year it was a bit cold/overcast to the Azores. But then quickly warmed up as we headed south west towards St Thomas which was 80s.

This year we take a more southerly route via Madeira.

Basically most days after the first 2/3 were warm and Sunny sun bathing weather!

Pics from last year

Hi, we are a gay couple from Germany and this transatlantic is our 2nd cruise, and the first one on the NCL EPIC.

We have been about the same date in Madeira last year with the Aida Bella repo from Mallorca to Gran Canaria. Unfortunately it was a fully clouded and rainy day. Be aware taxi drivers there do not understand the word NO! Very unpleasant at the cruise port. It rained cats and dogs at the mountain station , so most travelers took the same cabin downward they just arrived with. The Hop-on Hop-off buses were a reasonable way to discover the city. It is a 10-15 minutes walk from the cruise port. Please protect yourself from dengue fever there (mosquitos).

So we look forward to our first cruise with NCL and the Epic. The 250 euro off the regular price made it irresistible :cool: . Booked a B6 balcony on Deck 11, left (hopefully sunny) side. We will board in Barcelona and plan a 6 night add on vacation in Ft. Lauderdale to "recover" from the cruise :D before returning home to Munich, Germany.

Although we like the all-inclusive approach of European cruise lines, still we want to see something different this time. And honestly, the drinks on the Bella ship were dreadful, plus lousy service; so we hope it is improving this time. And the EPIC must be a wonderful ship, for sure.

Nice to hear that there are more of us on this cruise.

See you all on the EPIC in October. We will look out for FODs.

Wolfgang & Gino

Hi All...nice to see that we seem to have a growing list of friends on board. This is mine and Chris' first transatlantic and first time on Epic, Chris' first time on NCL....he's a Royal fan mostly. Truly looking forward to the long days and some serious relaxing, as well a bit of fun. We are both in our early 50's and live just outside Washington DC. Hope to hear from you all soon

John

Does anyone know if you pre pay the gratuities do you still have to pay a top for every drink? What is the advantage? Or disadvantage of pre paying?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Does anyone know if you pre pay the gratuities do you still have to pay a top for every drink? What is the advantage? Or disadvantage of pre paying?

Two separate things. The Daily Service Charge (DSC) is the $12 per person per day which covers restaurant staff, room steward and all the back room staff (chefs/laundry/etc..). You can pre-pay this anytime (I've always pre-paid mine) or it will be added to your onboard account.

Bar staff and drinks waiting staff are covered by a 15% charge added to your drink price automatically on each purchase you make or the 15% on the Beverage Package.

That's it. If anyone wants to tip more they can. Also concierge, youth and ents staff are not included in any of the above.

We've booked!! So excited and looking forward to the cruise. We are bring 2 straight girlfriends with us too. Looking forward to meeting some new friends.

We've booked!! So excited and looking forward to the cruise. We are bring 2 straight girlfriends with us too. Looking forward to meeting some new friends.

Did you get a Port side cabin? Nice Sunny days on the balcony! :D

We're on GTY however we have requested Port as our # 1 request.

So excited for this cruise I don't want to wish my summer away but I can't wait for it to get here

We're on GTY however we have requested Port as our # 1 request.

So excited for this cruise I don't want to wish my summer away but I can't wait for it to get here

I know what you mean, 17 weeks to go. I had guarantee last year but as it was allocated near the end I got a Starboard balcony on deck 13. Was still warm enough to sit out but didn't get much Sun hence this year I picked a Port one on deck 11.

Archived