July 5th Crossing

luxurygirl

My fiance and I are doing the July 5th to Southampton. Any idea of what the weather is going transatlantic in summer? Can one lay out on the sundeck? We are in our 30s, would there be many our age? Also, we are booked for the Princess Grill, anyone out there on this cruise?

I will be on the same cruise as you, it will be my second time on this great ship and I am really looking forward to it. Previously went westbound and it was quite windy at that time of year but it is apparently not so bad going eastbound

My fiance and I are doing the July 5th to Southampton. Any idea of what the weather is going transatlantic in summer? Can one lay out on the sundeck? We are in our 30s, would there be many our age? Also, we are booked for the Princess Grill, anyone out there on this cruise?

My friends and I were on this same cruise last year. Although there's no guarantee of weather from year to year, we experienced fairly cool weather on deck (too cool and windy for outdoor swimming or to stroll around on deck in shorts), but there's great sun to be found on the Sun Deck and it's much less windy back there. I actually got a bad sunburn our first day out because it was so relaxing, we fell asleep in our deck chairs!

We were also surprised at the amount of younger people on this crossing, but I guess we shouldn't have been since it was the height of the summer vacation season.

Have a great time! You guys are going to LOVE it!

KitKat

P.S. - The Commodore Club makes the absolute BEST Cosmopolitans, if you're into things like that!

Archived