First Impression of The Haven......Not So Good

BACON227

So my wife and I leave on the Getaway tomorrow. My parents are also coming along.....we have two spa suites in The Haven. After several unanswered emails to the pre cruise concierge......I called. My Mom cant drink milk, instead she drinks almond milk so my simple question was is almond milk available on board.......answer no.........can my Mom bring her own on board.......answer no. Are you kidding me........does anybody have any suggestions?

So my wife and I leave on the Getaway tomorrow. My parents are also coming along.....we have two spa suites in The Haven. After several unanswered emails to the pre cruise concierge......I called. My Mom cant drink milk, instead she drinks almond milk so my simple question was is almond milk available on board.......answer no.........can my Mom bring her own on board.......answer no. Are you kidding me........does anybody have any suggestions?

Tell Mom to drink something else.

Yes, you can bring your own unopened container. You may want to store it in the ice bucket. We were recently in 14136 and the mini-fridge did not keep things cold enough so the small cartons of milk we had spoiled...

As already has been said, you can bring almond milk on board.

Unfortunately you got a taste of how ill-informed shoreside customer service can be, but don't let that cast a shadow on your cruise.

By the way...just so you aren't surprised (in a negative way) when you get on board...spa suites, while having full Haven privileges, are not actually located in the Haven. Spa suites are located on deck 14...the Haven is on decks 16 and 17.

Edited by njhorseman

You are absolutely right. I was making an off the cuff attempt at humor that didn't translate well from my brain to the written word.

I wasn't trying to be intentionally rude. Mea culpa.

My apologies to the O.P.

No offense taken...........nothing can upset me now........I'm in FULL BLOWN CRUISE MODE!!!!!!!!

Wanting/needing special milk has nothing to do with the Haven...

You obviously missed the whole point........it wasn't about the milk......it was about the lack of response from The Haven pre concierge via email........then when calling The Haven pre concierge the unacceptable response......like I said.....not a good first impression for what is allegedly supposed to be a category that caters to your every need.......

You obviously missed the whole point........it wasn't about the milk......it was about the lack of response from The Haven pre concierge via email........then when calling The Haven pre concierge the unacceptable response......like I said.....not a good first impression for what is allegedly supposed to be a category that caters to your every need.......

Your getting some of these responses because there is no such thing as a "Haven pre concierge". There is a pre concierge desk in Miami that covers all suite needs pre cruising for all ships in the fleet. They typically do an ok job, but many will tell you to wait until your aboard and deal with the concierge and butler there. As many/most NCL shore employees are not cruisers some are uninformed. In this instance you came here and got some good information. Take your own and then you'll be sure to have what is needed.

As additional information, there is an accessibility desk for special needs and since this is a medical issue, they may be able to help you:

Accessibility Assistance

They are very helpful.

Hope it all works out and you have a fantastic cruise.

But the title of this thread is misleading. How can you make a judgment of the Haven without being there. The Haven also has nothing to do with milk. So I was confused.

Great day for sail away in Miami. All the rain has cleared!

But the title of this thread is misleading. How can you make a judgment of the Haven without being there. The Haven also has nothing to do with milk. So I was confused.

It is definitely a"chamber of commerce" day down here..........this the type of weather that makes dealing with the blazing hot summer and hurricane season so worth it.........

Glad to see you are in cruise mode. If the pre-concierge was an issue I hope you took her name. If just uninformed well like all their operators they are like New England weather, you don't like it wait a minute it will change, so will the answers from their phone reps. :).

As for almond milk the supermarkets around here have small cartons near the can milk in the coffee lane.

Enjoy as life is to short not to.

Edited by latebloomer56
spelling

Wow. Yea...me too. I thought something was wrong with the Haven, something discovered even before using it. I read to find out what it was. Didn't realize I was going to read about Almond milk (which I like also after my daughter recently introduced me to it) and problems with the call center phone staff.