pre book excursions with thomson

gillyg

Hi,

If you go to https://cruiseexcursions.thomson.co.uk/ you can browse all the thomson excursions that are available for your cruise.

They do not have such a wide selection as say P and O, but it does make choosing an excursion easier with less to choose from. You can also pay on this site as well and all being well your tickets will be delivered to you when you are onboard.

We cruise in March and some of the excusions have limited numbers, so it might pay to book early.

Have an amazing cruise

• 2 weeks later...

We cruised to Norway and Iceland in the summer and some of the popular tours were 'virtually sold out' before embarkation! Someone did say that a proportion of places were held back for sale on ship but I'm not certain if that is true and if so, they will sell out quickly.

If you know for certain that you want to do a specific trip, and if it is marked as limited availability, I would strongly advise booking in advance. You will probably also have a slightly cheaper price.

I understand that, if you change your mind, you can swap to another trip of even have a refund (do check details on this).

My annoyance with the website is the absence of information on departure times for the trips. This is important to us. For half day trips in particular, it helps us to decide is there is time to do the trip and see the actual port of call.

Of course, the other missing bit of important information concerns the location of berthing. Thomson like to keep this a secret until the last minute but I believe that the ports have all of these bookings settled well in advance. Do tell us. if you are berthed some distance from the 'town' you might be more inclined to book a trip.

Final rant: We used to like to see the port showcase for further information on different trips, to help us make a choice. More and more, we find this a waste of time with little additional information being presented. Better to go to Destination Services and ask in person.

I would advise booking before you go - that is if you know what you want to do. Tickets in your cabin on arrival and there is always a queue at the Destination Desk. We usually know what tours we want and book them online before departure. Yes docking is a problem - this year for Copenhagen we docked a 90min drive away.