Which beach is better???

At Sea 4Ever

Looking at excursions that either go to Protestant Cay or Rainbow Beach. Which is a more beautiful beach? Which has better snorkeling? Do either offer paddle boarding? Any comments are greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, this is a tough question but I'll try my best as I have stayed on St Croix a few times for land based vacations. As for the paddle boarding I know for sure Protestant Cay has them. Google St Croix watersports and you will find the shop on the little island. As for ovrrall great snorkeling I would say Rainbow, but if you have any beginners by far Protestant Cay. Also, if you go out to the back of Protestant Cay by the wall you never know what you might find and could have good luck. It's just more consistent at Rainbow.

If I was there for a day my personal choice would be Protestant. This is mostly because of the cool views you can see of the mountains, downtown Christiansted, and the fort. Plus there is just something about being on your own island and looking back at all these views. Additionally, if you go to Protestant they might give you some time to explore the hostoric downtown for a bit, or at least a quick stroll on the boardwalk.

Either way you will have a great time. Rainbow beach is beautiful, but you will have your ship as the view when you look out to the sea. I prefer the view from Protestant, just make sure you walk around as much of the little island as they let you.