What to do in mazitlan, cabo?

oregoncruiselover

We are cruising in a few weeks and I just don't know what we should do. I feel like there is lots of information on Caribbean cruises but not so much for Mexico. We have small children. They like the beach we also would like to do shopping. What are the port areas like? Any suggestion will be helpful.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Forums mobile app

We are cruising in a few weeks and I just don't know what we should do. I feel like there is lots of information on Caribbean cruises but not so much for Mexico. We have small children. They like the beach we also would like to do shopping. What are the port areas like? Any suggestion will be helpful.

For the beach....

Cabo search on - Medano Beach

Mazatlan search on - Stone Island

Thank you! Are they easy to get to? One of our kids is a 20 month old.

Medano will be either a taxi or water taxi(this you can get right after you get off tender) but can be a little difficult to get off at beach.

Tender Drop Off

Medano Beach

We have also just walked around the corner to this little beach although there are no facilities.

Cannery Beaches

Stone Island requires walking about 5-6 blocks from dock and taking water taxi, this one has docks at both ends, then a little more walking on the beach to whichever restaurant you decide.

Cruise Terminal

Water Taxi

Stone Island Beach drop off and then beach to the right

• 4 weeks later...

MAZATLAN

If your ship arrives early (like 8am or so) it will be a little early to go to the beach at Stone Island. I suggest taking a Pulmonia Taxi or two (four people each taxi) and take their standard tour of the city which includes some look-out points and the malecon, divers, church, and mercado, then have them drop you at the water taxi terminal a few blocks from the cruise terminal.

The mercado is a central market and is about as authentic as you can find anywhere in Mexico.

The water taxi to Stone Island goes across the channel the cruise ships use. There will sometimes be a pickup truck at the dock to offer rides to those who need transportation up the beach. The water is shallow with very little surge or wave action, so is ideal for small children. Several bars and restaurants line the beach, and you can rent ATV's or horses if you want. Stone Island has no fancy hotels or shops, but some street peddlers will be there. The water taxi cost is around $3 per person round trip.

CABO

You can get a glass bottom boat to take you out to a fish viewing area, then on out to the famous arch and around to the Pacific side. You will see Lovers beach which is said to be the only beach in the world that connects two seas (Cortez and the Pacific ocean. They will take you to Medano beach and let you off there if you let them know you want to do that. Price is very reasonable (7 to 10 dollars per person) You can either walk back to the marina from Medano or take a taxi.

The bars and restaurants at Medano range from mild to wild, so you can choose one that is acceptable to you.

Edited by swedish weave

• 4 weeks later...
MAZATLAN

Several bars and restaurants line the beach, and you can rent ATV's or horses if you want. Stone Island has no fancy hotels or shops, but some street peddlers will be there. The water taxi cost is around $3 per person round trip.

Around how much do the ATV's or horses cost to rent?