let's talk specialty drinks..

iluvcruzin

What's your favorite specialty drink onboard HAL ships? Will I be able to find after dinner drinks (Bailey's with a something added like Amoretta) onboard the Maasdam?

My favorite frozen poolside drink is the "love connection". Strawberry Daiquiri, Pina Colada, Frozen Mango topped with clear rum. YUMMMM

What's your favorite?

There are more specialty drinks on board than one can imagine. The two you mentioned are just the starting place. The list goes on forever...and every bartender has half a dozen of his own to make especially for you. Just remember the headaches in the morning! DFD1

Maureen, they have very good after dinner specialty coffees in the Explorers Lounge, with a price special on one of them each evening. My favorite is the Prince Charles coffee made with Drambuie. Each one is made with a different liqueur and topped with whipped cream...yummy!!.....jeab

:p Thank heavens they make mojitos! The last 2 times I've ordered them I got a bit of a blank stare, then the waitress returned and said they hadn't any mint. A friend said I was testing the mid west with my fancy drinks!

Hooray....They have mojitos!!!:D

Very happy to come across this thread

What is in an "Ultimate Suntan" ?

I had them on The Conquest and really enjoyed them (as a rule I don't really care for foo foo drinks) But i can't for the life of me remember what was in them..

Thanks in advance for any info.

Guess I'm just old fashioned. I enjoy the standard Gin Martine (using Bombay Sapphire) on the rocks with a lemon twist. My wife's favorite is a Strawberry Daquari. For after dinner I enjoy Peppermint Schnapps on the rocks. Settles the stomach.

Bill

Bill,

The question was on specialty drinks. I answered mine was a BBC.

You are not old fashioned. I have standard drinks before dinner, Vodka Gimlets.:) The BBC's are pool drinks for me.

Anyone ever tried a "Miami Vice". These are popular on Carnival ships, but I taught the bartender on the Contellation how to make one. Maybe I'll have to do the same on Zuiderdam. That drink is delicious and if you put extra rum in it...uh, uh, uh!!!

I always like to order a Kentucky Martini while on a cruise.

The best single barrel burbon

Contreau

Splash of Vermouth

A twist of orange rind

Shaken, strained in a chilled glass.

Alternate days a sniffer of Remy Martin Louis XIII. Got to keep the decanter on the Nordam '02, thanks to the DW. :rolleyes: :p

George

I had no clue on the BBC, but now that I do I will jump at the chance to try it.
Try one in the afternoon since they are very filling like a milk shake. If you drink one before dinner it may kill your appitite.

There is another to look for, made with Baileys but it has some pinapple juice in it but I can't remember the name. Sometimes there are booklets at the bars listing the specialty drinks.

Archived