Live from the Spirit !!!

Wennfred

Its official!!! We are onboard !!!

Embarkation was a total breeze!, Dropped off our 2 luggages, tipped the Porter 2 dollars and headed to the VIP Checkin, that took about 2 minutes and we where on our way. You're not going to believe this but Im currently posting from my Cabin !!! Wifi Signal up here on Panorama Deck Aft is Very Good !!! Cabin 8265. Its a very big Inside Cabin, "No, its not a HC Cabin" there is a lip on the floor before you go into the bathroom and the doors are not wide enough. I took lots of pictures of this Inside Cabin. Its shaped more of a square box then a long rectriangle type of floor plan.

We got to the Terminal at 11:30am, and was onboard by 12.00pm, didnt go to our cabin yet as they were still working on that deck. Went up to Lido deck to grub, Got my Grilled Tuna on White, this was very tasty and Wendy had something like a salad. Well 2 apples juices and I was ready to stroll. We went to see our Dining Room table, we got inline because we needed to see what week we didnt want to eat there and head up to Supper Club, one of the waitress that was ensuring everyone stayed in line showed up the Menus for the week, so we picked Saturday to go up to Supper Club. Our table sits 6, not sure if we will get 2 other couples with us. Window view table 109 Starboard side.

The line to talk to the Maitre'd was VERY LONG, lucky we got there when we did. Everyone was looking to get their dining room hours changes, only 5 families in front of us and the waitress said, thats it everyone, if you are looking for Earily Seats, they are all gone.

I headed over to the Pursers Desk and waited in the Platinum Concierge section before someone got free to assist me, For Carnival Vacation Club members, we do get a package, it will show up in the cabin later. Carnival Vacation Club group is no longer on the Spirit. Will let you know more about that later as the days go on.

Well, I had to jump to the Rescue once again, there was an elderly couple, one with a Walker and his wife in a Scooter, no one would let this couple into the elevator, so when the next one came, I yelled out and told everyone to stand back and to let this couple in the elevator first. This very fit family that ran for the elevator looked kinda stupid and decided to take the stairs instead.

Like I said, Im posting here from my Cabin, Wendy went up to book our Supper Club for Saturday night, she just arrived with an Ice Cream cone for good old me !!!

One more thing about this cabin on Panorama Deck, we are under the Pool area aft and as Im typing this in my cabin, I can hear kids jumping and running above, Wendy already said it, she doesnt like this cabin because of the noise above, Its not as bad, only if someone jumps on the deck, you can really hear it.

So far everyone is settling in, people all over the place, from Lido Deck and the Main Lobby. One of my Cruise Critic Roll Call friends plane will be arriving at 1:30pm, hope she doesn't have any delays coming down.

This cruise looks sold out.

If you have any questions nows the time.

Fred

Hola Fred and Wendy! Signing in so I'll get notification when you post! Glad you had an easy time boarding. Is it raining? Looks like it from the webcam. I keep trying to zoom in close enough to try and see details of people. I should have told you to be in a certain place at a certain time waving! My hubby was just reminding me of our embarcation day and I spent two hours scrutinizing everyone who came off the ship trying to pick you and Wen out! :D Good times........anyways.........post when you can and give Wendy a hug from me!

I am glad to see you made it! I will be tuning in to this thread as we are booked on Spirit in just 9 months (if I say Just 9 months, sometimes I can convince myself it's not so far away:o ) Anyway I want to know EVERYTHING. Thanks and have a great cruise.

Hi Fred. I'm excited for your cruise. I can't wait to go on my first cruise. I am booked for November 22, 2007 on the spirit too. I have a question for you hoping that you can help me with the answer. I got a room near your room. I have booked two room on the panorama deck room#8252 and Room#8248. How is the noise level besides the pool noise that you have heard so far? Please let me know so i hope i can still have time to change room before the cruise if the noise is really bad. I don't mind noises at day time, but at night time i would have trouble sleeping.

Thanks so much,

Stacee

Hey Fred and Wendy!!

We've been waiting all day for an embarkation post!! We'll be on the Spirit to Alaska in June, and are happily sailing vicariously with you guys this week. Take lots of pictures, and PLEASE let us see what you're having for dinner. That's gotta be one of our favorite things--planning our menus by looking at your pics!!

Enjoy your fabulous cruise, and know that lots of us are wishing you a wonderful week!

I love live posts too. What time is early dining and what time is late. I think my travel agent signed us up for late but I think I want early. We are going on the Miracle in June. Do you think my travel agent can change it since it's not for 2 months or do I have to wait until we get on board and try to change it then?

Thanks!

Hi Fred. I'm excited for your cruise. I can't wait to go on my first cruise. I am booked for November 22, 2007 on the spirit too. I have a question for you hoping that you can help me with the answer. I got a room near your room. I have booked two room on the panorama deck room#8252 and Room#8248. How is the noise level besides the pool noise that you have heard so far? Please let me know so i hope i can still have time to change room before the cruise if the noise is really bad. I don't mind noises at day time, but at night time i would have trouble sleeping.

Thanks so much,

Stacee

Stacee, we are on the Spirit this Sunday, the 15th and are in 8232. Also someone else in our group is in 8222 and 8237. We will let you know how we make out.

Its official!!! We are onboard !!!

This cruise looks sold out.

Fred

I know it is sold out, :( , when you did not send me an empty suitecase ( so I could mail Hubby and I to sail with you and Wendy:D ) I actually did look into booking it for real...but it was already sold out. I will live it through your posts and maybe next year take the cruise!

Julie

Well, our bags showed up at 2:30pm, thats a worlds record !!!, While unpacking, my chocolate dipped strawberries arrived, a gift from CVC. Man I hope this Downy Rinkle releaser works because my Shirts are wrinkle again. LOL

The life boat drill started at 4:15pm and off we went, they ran over the details etc. we were done in 15 minutes. After the Lifeboat drill we went up to Lido Deck Aft to meet our Roll Call group. Everyone showed up and we had a fun time chatting and meeting everyone.

We are still docked, the Celebrity Infinity just took off. Its cold and gloomy here in San Diego today. But the rest of the week its going to be all Sun Shine all the way down to Mexico. Its 6:20pm and we haven't left yet. Wendy is taking a break watching some T.V., The A/C really works here in this inside cabin, I had to turn it down twice.

Bubbles1209, both Wendy and I carried a large water of Fiji water, nothing was said to us.

SmooCruise, Vicky its cold and gloomy out today, it did drizzle alittle eariler but we were inside doing something.

Skyscanr, I got 250 minutes, with 20 minutes free since we signed up today. So far the internet and Cruise Critic is moving along pretty good, I write on wordpad then I log on and post, I keep this Thread open, so all I have to do is Refresh and see what everyone wrote, log off and write my answers offline.

Sandi149, I will be posting some cool pictures later of our Roll Call group.

Molly BPOE, 9 Months is nothing, they will fly fast as this week will go fast too.

Nursing Student, so far, its nice and quiet, those brats that were playing inside the empty pool are all probably at dinner now. so its quiet, but Someone in the Roll Call group told me that we will here the lounge chairs tonight as the crew drags them to put them up to clean the floors. Will let you know more about Panorama Deck as we go.

Lilygrace, earily is 5:45pm and late is 8:15pm, we got late seating. Call your TA, I think you still have time to change it to earily.

And to everyone else that posted, thanks for sending us off on a happy safe cruise.

Fred

Archived