Barefoot Beach or Nellie's Beach Cabanas ?

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Private Islands
Disney's Castaway Cay, Carnival Corp.'s Grand Turk & Half Moon Cay, RCI's Labadee & Coco Cay, Princess Cays etc.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 01:34 PM.
341 Posts
Joined Oct 2011
Hi Everyone

I am on Freedom from next Sunday 8th July (Yay - so happy!!) and booked a cabana quite a few months ago via the website. It is the Nellie's beach one as that was the only option on the list. But since then I have been reading up a bit more on the forums and note that another type of Cabana is available at Barefoot beach.

I think if I've understood correctly that Nellie's is available to everyone and Barefoot to suite guests (I do have a suite).

So should I stick with the Nellies one or change to the Barefoot one ? I don't want to steal a Nellie's cabana from someone who can't book one on Barefoot. Although I'm not even sure Barefoot is available since it doesn't show up on the website. Presumably they are the same anyway ?

Any thoughts ?
Russellville, AR
3,587 Posts
Joined Feb 2004
If you are in a GS or above, I would probably prefer the Barefoot Beach cabana. The cabana's are identical, AFAIK. However, there will be fewer people on Barefoot Beach and there is a special buffet with slightly expanded food offerings on Barefoot Beach for the suite guests.

Write to the concierge for your ship and see if any cabana's are still available at Barefoot. If there are not any still available, stay with the one at Nellie's. It is right next door to Barefoot and you can still go over there to eat lunch when you are hungry.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Russellville, AR
3,587 Posts
Joined Feb 2004
Originally posted by blondcat
Thanks Hypo - that's helpful.

How do I contact concierge ? Is there an email address do you know ?

Cheers
[email protected]

There is an underscore after FR and before Concierge

Note you have to be in a GS or above. If that address does not work, leave out the "01"
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
upstate NY
2,294 Posts
Joined Apr 2009
The cabanas on Nellie's Beach are the same as the ones on Barefoot Beach. The perks are all the same, including the special buffet lunch that is provided for all cabanas. You also get a cooler with ice water, two floating matts, a cabana boy to get your mixed drinks and keep you supplied with essentials and Im not sure what else. Barefoot Beach is less busy since it is reserved for GS passengers but that is about the only difference as far as I can figure out.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Southern California by way of Kentucky
18,732 Posts
Joined Aug 2009
Originally posted by Hypo
[email protected]

There is an underscore after FR and before Concierge

Note you have to be in a GS or above. If that address does not work, leave out the "01"
Leave out the 01 when contacting the Freedom concierge..the 01 & 02 are used when contacting the Oasis/Allure as they have two concierge's....Good luck and enjoy your cabana
Arizona
17 Posts
Joined Apr 2009
Can those of us who have a reserved Cabanas at Nellies beach (non-suite)- go to barefoot beach when we are not in our cabanas and we want to go for a swim?
Philly 'burbs
789 Posts
Joined Feb 2012
Originally posted by Dlarruso
Can those of us who have a reserved Cabanas at Nellies beach (non-suite)- go to barefoot beach when we are not in our cabanas and we want to go for a swim?
Yes we are , I plan to go over and smoodge with all of the "upper class" suite-rocking high rollers
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

* Norwegian Getaway (western) - 7/3/16
* Oasis of the Seas (western) - 2/28/15

* Norwegian Getaway (eastern) - 3/1/13
* Allure of the Seas (eastern) - 11/24/13
* Norwegian Breakaway (Bermuda) - 5/19/13
* Allure of the Seas (western) - 1/13/13
* Oasis of the Seas (eastern) 6/3/12
* Navigator of the Seas (Europe) 5/2/09

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm on a BOAT! ...I'm on a BOAT!"