Transportation to Grouse Mt?

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 06:48 AM.
Massachusetts
11 Posts
Joined Apr 2007
I am staying at the Sheraton Wall Centre and have reservations at the Observatory on Grouse Mt. Anyone have reviews of either? Does anyone have any insights on the best transportation from the hotel to the mt.? Thanks for your help!
San Diego, California
816 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
You can take the SeaBus to North Van and then a public bus to both the Capilano Suspension Bridge and Grouse Mtn. I used an all-day pass, so it was very cheap. You can get a "discount" on admission if you book through the TourInfo place across from Canada Place (and other places, too?). Most posters here recommend you go on a reasonably clear day to really enjoy it--I imagine that would be even more important for the Observatory!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Pac Coastal--RCI Radiance OS--May 06
Baltics/Scandinavia--Celebrity Constellation--July 06
Med/Transatlantic--Princess Grand--Nov 06
Panama Canal WB--Princess Regal--Mar 07
Pac Coastal--HAL Zuiderdam--May 07
Alaska Gulf NB--HAL Ryndam--May 07

Next:
Alaska Glacier SB--HAL Volendam--June 07
Vancouver, BC
7,749 Posts
Joined Jan 2002
Grateful Guy is right - very easy to use the public bus system to get to Grouse Mtn and an $8. all day bus pass is very cheap transit.

However if you want you can use a taxi I would guess the fare would run you about $30.
Saint John, NB
769 Posts
Joined Sep 2004
Originally posted by TK0507
I am staying at the Sheraton Wall Centre and have reservations at the Observatory on Grouse Mt. Anyone have reviews of either? Does anyone have any insights on the best transportation from the hotel to the mt.? Thanks for your help!
Your dinner reservations include free admisison to the skyride up the mountain and other activities. http://www.grousemountain.com/grouse...restaurant.cfm
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Sea Princess
Rhapsody of the Sea
Golden Princess
Carnival Victory
Celebrity Millenium (Mediterranean)
Carnival Spirit
Carnival Legend
Carnival Liberty
Celebrity Millenium (Caribbean)
San Diego, California
816 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
Oops, didn't realize "Observatory" is also the name of a restaurant. I thought I remembered seeing a small observatory dome on the property, but that may have been some kind of senior moment!
Bon Appetit.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Pac Coastal--RCI Radiance OS--May 06
Baltics/Scandinavia--Celebrity Constellation--July 06
Med/Transatlantic--Princess Grand--Nov 06
Panama Canal WB--Princess Regal--Mar 07
Pac Coastal--HAL Zuiderdam--May 07
Alaska Gulf NB--HAL Ryndam--May 07

Next:
Alaska Glacier SB--HAL Volendam--June 07