Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > Royal Caribbean International
 
Register here!
Forgot Your Password?


 

Notices

Royal Caribbean International
NEW! Find Your ROYAL CARIBBEAN Roll Call

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old June 23rd, 2013, 12:27 AM
CRUISING71's Avatar
CRUISING71 CRUISING71 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,624
Default Oasis- Hairspray show

I was able to reserve all the entertainment except Hairspray. Is it because it is fully booked? or this is something we have to reserve once onboard?

Thanks,
Tibby
__________________
[font="Book Antiqua"][size="3"][color="Red"]Vision of the Sea - May 2006
Carnival Splendor - August 31st, 2009
Carnival Spirit - April 4th, 2010
Mariner of the Sea - August 22th, 2010
Carnival Splendor - August 21, 2011
Carnival Liberty - April 7th, 2012
Carnival Breeze - March 30th, 2013
Oasis of the Sea - August 10, 2013
Golden Princess - July 26, 2014
Reply With Quote

Ad Sponsored By
  #2  
Old June 23rd, 2013, 12:34 AM
Dr0xX3rZ's Avatar
Dr0xX3rZ Dr0xX3rZ is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Montreal
Posts: 163
Default

Just get in line there on a day of a presentation and you will get a place. They give away reserved spot 10 minutes before the show begin.
__________________




Freedoms of the Seas - Western Carribean April 2014
Majesty of the Seas - Bahamas Cruise October 2013
Allure of the Seas - Eastern Carribean October 2013
Norwegian Jewel - Bahamas April 2013
Allure of the Seas - Western Carribean November 2012
Oasis of the Seas - Western Carribean April 2012
Allure of the Seas - Eastern Carribean October 2011
Reply With Quote

  #3  
Old June 23rd, 2013, 06:28 AM
RCcruisinfamily RCcruisinfamily is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 550
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRUISING71 View Post
I was able to reserve all the entertainment except Hairspray. Is it because it is fully booked? or this is something we have to reserve once onboard?

Thanks,
Tibby
They also hold back space for booking onboard. You can use your tv to book or go to a designated area to book at select times. It was at On Air when we were onboard a few years ago. I didn't prebook any shows! I hadn't found CC yet and didn't know anything. Need to go back on Oasis now that I know more about the ship from reading the reviews. Maybe someday soon!
__________________
11-18-2012 Allure of the Seas
03-16-2012 Navigator of the Seas
03-25-2013 Freedom of the Seas
06-24-2013 Enchantment of the Seas
03-23-2014 Independence of the Seas
Reply With Quote

  #4  
Old June 23rd, 2013, 07:02 AM
sford75's Avatar
sford75 sford75 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Miami, Fl
Posts: 324
Default

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Show was pretty bad and we left halfway through


Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app
__________________
April 2014 - Vision of the Seas - Panama Repositioning
November 2013 - Navigator of the Seas - Western Mediterranean
December 2012 - Oasis of the Seas - Eastern Caribbean
October 2011 - Allure of the Seas - Western Caribbean
October 2010 - Majesty of the Seas - Bahamas & Key West
September 2009 - Liberty of the Seas - Eastern Caribbean
November 2008 - Majesty of the Seas - Bahamas
September 2008 - Freedom of the Seas - Western Caribbean
May 2006 - Golden Princess - Repositioning San Juan to NYC
May 2005 - Voyager of the Seas - Repositioning Miami to NYC
May 1999 - Grand Princess - Eastern Caribbean
Reply With Quote

  #5  
Old June 23rd, 2013, 07:26 AM
Ocean Boy's Avatar
Ocean Boy Ocean Boy is offline
10,000+ Club
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Rhode Island, U.S.A.
Posts: 18,021
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sford75 View Post
I wouldn't worry too much about it. Show was pretty bad and we left halfway through


Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app
That is interesting to read. Was it that the show wasn't to your taste or was the acting bad?
__________________
Reply With Quote

  #6  
Old June 23rd, 2013, 07:44 AM
clarea's Avatar
clarea clarea is offline
40,000+ Club
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 40,184
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRUISING71 View Post
I was able to reserve all the entertainment except Hairspray. Is it because it is fully booked? or this is something we have to reserve once onboard?

Thanks,
Tibby
Try going to Studio B as soon as you board to get a reservation.
__________________
Bob

Past Cruises

Celebrity: Mercury
RCCL: Adventure, Allure, Enchantment, Explorer, Freedom, Independence, Legend, Liberty, Majesty, Mariner, Monarch, Navigator, Radiance, Rhapsody, Serenade, Sovereign, Voyager
Reply With Quote

  #7  
Old June 23rd, 2013, 08:14 AM
jjtimes2's Avatar
jjtimes2 jjtimes2 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 236
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sford75 View Post
I wouldn't worry too much about it. Show was pretty bad and we left halfway through


Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean Boy View Post
That is interesting to read. Was it that the show wasn't to your taste or was the acting bad?
I am also curious as every review I've read said that Hairspray was fantastic. I actually wasn't interested in seeing it until I read all of the great reviews (DH wanted to see it, so we would have gone anyway).
Reply With Quote

  #8  
Old June 23rd, 2013, 08:55 AM
sford75's Avatar
sford75 sford75 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Miami, Fl
Posts: 324
Default

To me the acting was bad. Liked Chicago on Allure, just not Hairspray. But everyone is different.


Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app
__________________
April 2014 - Vision of the Seas - Panama Repositioning
November 2013 - Navigator of the Seas - Western Mediterranean
December 2012 - Oasis of the Seas - Eastern Caribbean
October 2011 - Allure of the Seas - Western Caribbean
October 2010 - Majesty of the Seas - Bahamas & Key West
September 2009 - Liberty of the Seas - Eastern Caribbean
November 2008 - Majesty of the Seas - Bahamas
September 2008 - Freedom of the Seas - Western Caribbean
May 2006 - Golden Princess - Repositioning San Juan to NYC
May 2005 - Voyager of the Seas - Repositioning Miami to NYC
May 1999 - Grand Princess - Eastern Caribbean
Reply With Quote

  #9  
Old June 23rd, 2013, 09:25 AM
loman loman is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Toronto Ontario
Posts: 170
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sford75 View Post
I wouldn't worry too much about it. Show was pretty bad and we left halfway through


Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app
What he said. lol, this one was tough to sit through. I was in the middle of a row, or i would of left also . I have tolerated most shows ,but this one really didnt appeal to me. Didint like the singing mostly.
Reply With Quote

  #10  
Old June 23rd, 2013, 09:32 AM
rushedmom rushedmom is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 651
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sford75 View Post
I wouldn't worry too much about it. Show was pretty bad and we left halfway through


Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app
Wow we were on Oasis a year ago and really enjoyed the show. I thought the acting was good and the singing very good. I remember one of the cast had been on American Idol that made it to the top 10.

I

How often does the cast change?
__________________





Rushedmom

Sailed on
Enchantment of the Seas 2006, 2007
Liberty of the Seas 2008
Enchantment of the Seas July 20 2009
Mariner of the Seas July 2010
Serenade of the Seas June 2011
Oasis of the Seas June 2012
Carnival Fantasy October 2012
Jewel of the Seas May 2013
Freedom of the Seas Oct 2013
Reply With Quote

  #11  
Old June 23rd, 2013, 11:09 AM
leaveitallbehind's Avatar
leaveitallbehind leaveitallbehind is offline
5,000+ Club
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Philly burbs, PA
Posts: 7,132
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by loman View Post
What he said. lol, this one was tough to sit through. I was in the middle of a row, or i would of left also . I have tolerated most shows ,but this one really didnt appeal to me. Didint like the singing mostly.
Let me start by saying that It is a very subjective situation and everyone's view as to how they liked or disliked the show is valid. But I have to say that we sailed Oasis twice and the first time we didn't like Hairspray but thought maybe it was just the night we went. So we kept an open mind on the second sailing and unfortunately had the same opinion.

So after the two experiences, we both thought that it was one of the worst RCI shows we've seen. Maybe we just didn't care for the story line, but it also seemed quite over-sung and over-acted to us. But again, just our opinion, and to be fair, we also were with people who liked it. So it is a very individual thing.
__________________
[SIGPIC]

RCI cruises:
Sovereign
Majesty (twice)
Grandeur (3 times - Maiden voyage +2)
Adventure (twice)
Voyager
Navigator
Liberty
Serenade
Jewel
Oasis (twice)
Explorer (twice)
Independence (twice)
Freedom - 10/14
Adventure B2B - 6/15 & 7/15

Upcoming:

Reply With Quote

  #12  
Old June 23rd, 2013, 11:47 AM
mamasylvia mamasylvia is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 123
Default

DH and I are looking forward to it, because we both like 60's music and campy stuff in general. If this isn't your cup of tea, you probably won't like it either.

I'm prebooking one of everything that is included! We don't have to keep the reservations if something else comes up, but I don't want to miss something I would have enjoyed because it was full.
__________________
First cruise EVER on RCL Oasis of the Seas July 27, 2013
Reply With Quote

  #13  
Old June 23rd, 2013, 01:02 PM
Ocean Boy's Avatar
Ocean Boy Ocean Boy is offline
10,000+ Club
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Rhode Island, U.S.A.
Posts: 18,021
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaveitallbehind View Post
Let me start by saying that It is a very subjective situation and everyone's view as to how they liked or disliked the show is valid. But I have to say that we sailed Oasis twice and the first time we didn't like Hairspray but thought maybe it was just the night we went. So we kept an open mind on the second sailing and unfortunately had the same opinion.

So after the two experiences, we both thought that it was one of the worst RCI shows we've seen. Maybe we just didn't care for the story line, but it also seemed quite over-sung and over-acted to us. But again, just our opinion, and to be fair, we also were with people who liked it. So it is a very individual thing.
Then you must have thought that either the show was really bad or you haven't seen that many RCI shows. As I have seen some RCI shows, more than once, that I absolutely could not stand.
__________________
Reply With Quote

  #14  
Old June 23rd, 2013, 01:15 PM
leaveitallbehind's Avatar
leaveitallbehind leaveitallbehind is offline
5,000+ Club
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Philly burbs, PA
Posts: 7,132
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean Boy View Post
Then you must have thought that either the show was really bad or you haven't seen that many RCI shows. As I have seen some RCI shows, more than once, that I absolutely could not stand.
Been cruising with RCI for 20 years+ and seen many, many shows. But again, please re-read my disclaimer in my prior post regarding the subjectivity of any type of comment - in this case regarding a singular show. It was just our opinion.

Obviously there are many valid differing opinions - including yours. I cannot challenge your perspective regarding other shows - just as you shouldn't challenge mine. Apparently you think others were worse, which to you they were - no argument on my part.

And yes, we did not like this show and to us it was among the worst - and there of course have been others that we not so great. But again, that is only our opinion.

But unfortunately this thread has been somewhat hijacked from the OP's original question - which was not regarding opinions on the show. Crusing71 - I hope you got your original question answered and enjoy your cruise and all the shows!
__________________
[SIGPIC]

RCI cruises:
Sovereign
Majesty (twice)
Grandeur (3 times - Maiden voyage +2)
Adventure (twice)
Voyager
Navigator
Liberty
Serenade
Jewel
Oasis (twice)
Explorer (twice)
Independence (twice)
Freedom - 10/14
Adventure B2B - 6/15 & 7/15

Upcoming:


Last edited by leaveitallbehind; June 23rd, 2013 at 01:22 PM.
Reply With Quote

  #15  
Old June 23rd, 2013, 04:49 PM
Ocean Boy's Avatar
Ocean Boy Ocean Boy is offline
10,000+ Club
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Rhode Island, U.S.A.
Posts: 18,021
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaveitallbehind View Post
Been cruising with RCI for 20 years+ and seen many, many shows. But again, please re-read my disclaimer in my prior post regarding the subjectivity of any type of comment - in this case regarding a singular show. It was just our opinion.

Obviously there are many valid differing opinions - including yours. I cannot challenge your perspective regarding other shows - just as you shouldn't challenge mine. Apparently you think others were worse, which to you they were - no argument on my part.

And yes, we did not like this show and to us it was among the worst - and there of course have been others that we not so great. But again, that is only our opinion.

But unfortunately this thread has been somewhat hijacked from the OP's original question - which was not regarding opinions on the show. Crusing71 - I hope you got your original question answered and enjoy your cruise and all the shows!
Geeze, I wasn't questioning your opinion at all. Did I not start my post with "you must have thought the show was really bad?" My post was much more meant to mean that I, too, have seen some pretty crappy RCI shows.

I guess my meaning did not come though on my original post.
__________________
Reply With Quote

  #16  
Old June 23rd, 2013, 08:53 PM
leaveitallbehind's Avatar
leaveitallbehind leaveitallbehind is offline
5,000+ Club
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Philly burbs, PA
Posts: 7,132
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean Boy View Post
Geeze, I wasn't questioning your opinion at all. Did I not start my post with "you must have thought the show was really bad?" My post was much more meant to mean that I, too, have seen some pretty crappy RCI shows.

I guess my meaning did not come though on my original post.
Yeah - sorry - re-read your original post and get it now with your explanation here. We too have seen our share of less than terrific shows......
__________________
[SIGPIC]

RCI cruises:
Sovereign
Majesty (twice)
Grandeur (3 times - Maiden voyage +2)
Adventure (twice)
Voyager
Navigator
Liberty
Serenade
Jewel
Oasis (twice)
Explorer (twice)
Independence (twice)
Freedom - 10/14
Adventure B2B - 6/15 & 7/15

Upcoming:


Last edited by leaveitallbehind; June 23rd, 2013 at 08:53 PM.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Bookmarks


Ad Sponsored By
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:45 AM.


© 1995 - 2014, The Independent Traveler, Inc. All rights reserved.
"A Community of People Who Love To Cruise"
All of the information contained within Cruise Critic is protected by copyright. You may, however, download a single copy only for your personal use.