This looks new: Jaguar Truck Mayan Adventure Expedition

tobafa

• 1 month later...

I'm cruising in February 2014 and really want to book this for our Progreso excursion. I hope as time passes more people write about their experience with this one, as it appears to be fairly new. It looks very unique and looks like it has a great mix of activities I've never done before, and visiting a Mayan ruin is on my list of must-do things. It looks like it would even leave a brief time to shop near the pier? The excursion is 5 hours and the ship is at Progreso for 7 hours according to the itinerary.

Edited by sybrix

We are considering this....the reviews look good. ;)

We just got back from doing this excursion. LOVED it ! Tandem Bike ride was awesome...got to see some flamingoes this time. Short but nice stop at Xcambo (we had been there before). Then to a cove to paddle board. Fun,fun,fun. Then to a coconut plantation location for beach time & they made us lunch. Lounged in hammocks & had a great time. The beach at this location is just as pretty as any Cozumel beach. There were 19 in our group & we were the ONLY ppl at this beach. Yeah ! Benjamin & Eduardo were great guides & a lot of fun. Fun,fun,fun excursion. Worth every penny. ;)

Thanks so much for the review, very much looking forward to this excursion!! Funny, but I was just excited there was a bathroom on the bus, you know priorities :) lol

We just got back from doing this excursion. LOVED it ! Tandem Bike ride was awesome...got to see some flamingoes this time. Short but nice stop at Xcambo (we had been there before). Then to a cove to paddle board. Fun,fun,fun. Then to a coconut plantation location for beach time & they made us lunch. Lounged in hammocks & had a great time. The beach at this location is just as pretty as any Cozumel beach. There were 19 in our group & we were the ONLY ppl at this beach. Yeah ! Benjamin & Eduardo were great guides & a lot of fun. Fun,fun,fun excursion. Worth every penny. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Just booked this for our 2/14 cruise! I am really excited about this excursion!

I would love to see pics? Also can you tell me what was for lunch. DH has to be careful what he eats.

Lunch was fajitas,quesadillas,chips & fresh pineapple. Some of the kids found coconuts & the guides split them open for milk tasting. Iced tea to drink. I have a couple of pics on my excursion review & a bunch on Facebook.

• 2 weeks later...

More questions if you come back to this thread...If I bring a bag can I leave it on the bus while we are doing things? Also, there are no opportunities to by any other beverages? Asking for my mom, they are going now too.

Lunch was fajitas,quesadillas,chips & fresh pineapple. Some of the kids found coconuts & the guides split them open for milk tasting. Iced tea to drink. I have a couple of pics on my excursion review & a bunch on Facebook.

More questions if you come back to this thread...If I bring a bag can I leave it on the bus while we are doing things? Also, there are no opportunities to by any other beverages? Asking for my mom, they are going now too.

Yes, we left our backpacks on the bus while we did the activities. We took bottled water with us but there is a small concession table at the ruins. Think they had sodas in a can. I would suggest you take a couple of waters for each person unless there is some other beverage you want to throw in your backpack.

Thank you very much, I appreciate the info!!

Yes, we left our backpacks on the bus while we did the activities. We took bottled water with us but there is a small concession table at the ruins. Think they had sodas in a can. I would suggest you take a couple of waters for each person unless there is some other beverage you want to throw in your backpack.

• 3 months later...

TexasCruiser52, where is your excursion review? Thinking about the Jaguar Truck excursion, and looking for reviews/pictures. Is there anything to eat at the picnic lunch for someone who doesn't like cheese or spicy food?

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

We did this tour in October 2013 and we really enjoyed it. Your ride the open air (no a/c) bus for about 40 minutes. They unload you and get your bikes/helmets set up. You ride tandem for a while and look at water and flamingos on your way to the ruins. You are able to climb the ruins for about 30 minutes and then you hop back on the bus to the beach, they gave us a granola bar (Mexican) that was really good. At the beach they get folks set up to paddle board and everyone that wants to participate takes turns doing that. They come around with fresh pineapple for snacks and then after paddle boarding they prepared our lunch. After relaxing a while everyone loads the bus back up and you ride back to the port terminal. On the way back we played Loteria (Mexican bingo) and the guide tried to get folks to sing and interact.

Bump up again...anyone been on this recently? Thinking of doing it for our January cruise.