norwegian epic drinks packages

tmcg200

My wife and I are cruising on the ncl epic in october leaving from barcelona and am trying to work out if the all inclusive drinks package will be worthwhile, I have heard that there is a duty free shop after security in the barcelona port where you can buy alcohol and take onto ship without any further checks. Does anyone know if this is true and also, as we are leaving on a sunday ,if it will be open, also does the ship still have times in the bars where there is 2 for 1 deals on drinks. Any help would be appreciated.

My wife and I are cruising on the ncl epic in october leaving from barcelona and am trying to work out if the all inclusive drinks package will be worthwhile, I have heard that there is a duty free shop after security in the barcelona port where you can buy alcohol and take onto ship without any further checks. Does anyone know if this is true and also, as we are leaving on a sunday ,if it will be open, also does the ship still have times in the bars where there is 2 for 1 deals on drinks. Any help would be appreciated.

I have boarded ships 4 times in Barcelona in the last three years. Twice our bags were checked (both on the Epic) and twice they weren't (once on the Epic).

Basically, you can't say for sure. There is a theory that you are less likely to be checked if you board mid ship, but when we did that, our bags were checked.

It's possible you will get drink through (some would say likely), but be prepared for disappointment.

The duty free shop has always been open when we've boarded on a Sunday.

Last year I boarded the ship and they were not checking bags so I went back to duty free to get a bottle of JD, this was on a Sunday and on the liberty of the seas.

We sail on the epic tomorrow and I haven't decided yet if I will take advantage of the duty free yet or not. I might get a couple of bottles of wine and pay corkage if my bags are checked

Edited by Zhane's mum