Photos of Seattle's Pier 91 Location

hawgwildterry

Thanks for the gorgeous pictures!! We'll be using that pier this year - it kind of puts it in perspective. I use to go to Seattle several times a year, but haven't been (except Seatac) for 10 years or so. A wonderful place! I thought Missouri was green - I didn't know green!!! Looking forward to seeing your city again.

OK, just a couple more from today. I thought I could get a good shot of the moon over the Olympic Mountains, Elliot Bay and the Space Needle. I did not have my tripod so this is as good as I could do.

DSC_8062.jpg

Not as many clouds today looking west towards the Olympic Mountains.

DSC_8072.jpg

A couple of Washington State Ferries on Elliot Bay with the Olympic Mountains in the background.

DSC_8074.jpg

Thanks for sharing the photos! I would love to visit Seattle and I will someday!

Thank you for taking the time to post. The pictures are wonderful. Do you by chance know what hotels are the closest to the pier?

I'm also interested in the hotels near the pier. Any Marriott or Hilton properties?

Where were these pictures taken from? We will be in Seattle for 1.5 days before our cruise to Alaska and would love to go somewhere like this to get some great shops.

Thanks.

Without naming the actual building, it is close to Nordstroms. There is very limited access to the part of the building that provides the views shown in the photos and as you can tell....I do have that access.

I am not 100% certain but the One Union Square building may have public access to it's higher floors. If so, you would want to go as high as possible and get a view to the north.

Here is a link to their website:

http://www.unionsquareseattle.com/

Another great view would be the Washington Mutual Tower building but again, I am not certain about public access.

http://www.washingtonmutualtower.com/

One of the best locations to get a view of the city center which includes the Space Needle and Elliot Bay is Kerry Park.

http://www.seattle.gov/Parks/park_detail.asp?id=342

For the ultimate view of the entire region then it is a must to visit the Space Needle. From the observation deck you are afforded a 360 degree view of what our little part of heaven has to offer.........when it isn't cold, dreary and raining. :eek:

http://www.spaceneedle.com/

Thanks for sharing the photos! I would love to visit Seattle and I will someday! I'm also interested in the hotels near the pier. Any Marriott or Hilton properties?

Sorry, but I have no personal knowledge of either Marriott or Hilton properties in Seattle. I live in Marysville which is 40 miles to the north of Seattle but do commute to Seattle for work. I know of some of the hotels/motels in the area around my work, but I can not speak specifically about Marriott or Hilton.

Doing a Google search gave this result for Marriott:

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&rlz=1T4ADBF_enUS264US264&revid=605980982&ei=oz65ScahCJmktQOQqIg2&resnum=0&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=seattle+marriott+hotels&fb=1&split=1&gl=us&view=text&ei=5D65ScD2C5m0sQPOx9U6&sa=X&oi=local_group&resnum=1&ct=more-results&cd=1

Hilton:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&view=text&hl=en&gl=us&q=seattle+hilton+hotels

I hate to jump on Terry's thread but I posted this on his other thread on the CC "West Coast Departures" board yesterday.

There is a webcam on top of the Space Needle that gives "live" panoramic views Seattle including Pier 91. It might be interesting for future visitors to this beautiful city.

http://www.spaceneedle.com/view/webcam.html

Should have good views of HAL and Princess ships once they start using pier 91.

Thanks again Terry for great the pictures. We will be up in July to visit our son and take a cruise on the Golden. Can hardly wait.

49er

pier91.jpg.a80fbbc01c50e7c452578c71d7d1eb85.jpg

Hey Terry, how are you and your lovely wife. We'll be boarding the Golden on September 5th, to Alaska from Pier 91. We did the Oosterdam a few years ago with you and you were the amazing "planner" for our CC group.

I have not heard such great things about Pier 91 from the Alaska board.

They think that it will be very congested and difficult to drive to.

What's your thoughts?

Hey Terry, how are you and your lovely wife. We'll be boarding the Golden on September 5th, to Alaska from Pier 91. We did the Oosterdam a few years ago with you and you were the amazing "planner" for our CC group.

I have not heard such great things about Pier 91 from the Alaska board.

They think that it will be very congested and difficult to drive to.

What's your thoughts?

Roz,

Things are going well for Barb and me and we now have our second grandchild, a boy who joins his older sister.

As you may or may not know, we did the Oosterdam Yummer Cruise II. We had two other couples (non-Cruise Critic Members) with us so we did not take part in any of their events. It was our best HAL cruise to date.

Barb and I are doing a 10 day Southern Caribbean cruise on the Ruby Princess next January 19th. She thinks we are in a mini-suite when in fact I have booked a Penthouse Suite guarantee on the Riviera Deck. She won't know we are in the Penthouse until we are at the cruise terminal.

Now, on to your question about Pier 91. Right now no one really knows what is going to happen. Certainly I would expect some issues to arise at the outset but allowing for a steep learning curve I would hope that it smooths out quickly.

Congestion is going to be a major problem unless the Port of Seattle and the cruise lines have taken great steps to eliminate the bottlenecks. One would assume that a great deal of planning has gone into this project and other than a minor hiccup now and again, everything will run without a hitch.

Parking is certainly going to be interesting. Republic Parking has the concession and according to their website they are charging $20 per day. Personally, this is flat out gouging pure and simple. Another issue that I have is that they are stating that you are to drop off any passengers in your private vehicle along with all your luggage at the terminal, drive to their lot and then be shuttled back. I will be doing a solo Alaska cruise in May and have elected to park my truck at a friends house. I will take a taxi to the pier if my friend is not available. Either way, I will be saving money.

Great to see that you are still cruising and hope our little 'girl' is doing well.

Terry: Your surprise for Barb, is no surprise to me....it's so you! She's a very lucky gal!

Congratulations on your new grandson!

We're driving to Seattle and parking.....it's going to be interesting to see how it goes. We're staying in Tutwila the night before and driving to the pier the morning of our cruise. It's just easier with a Service Dog to not depend on anyone or to take a cab. We'll see.

$20.00 a day for parking is outrageous. But, we'll budget for it! I'll also leave the hotel very early to allow for congestion and the shuttle.

Stay well and say hi to Barb,

Roz

Archived