2015 Brides!

Hey everyone, I thought I would start a thread for 2015 brides because I didn't see one yet. I am planning a cruise wedding on the Carnival Liberty a year from today! I have so many questions and this board is EXACTLY what I needed. Hopefully we can all share our knowledge to help each other out!

We were originally thinking about an island (We would love the beautiful beach setting) but between getting the marriage license internationally and for how many people are coming on ship it would be a hassle and costly. We are getting married on embarkation day then we get to enjoy the rest of the cruise as our honeymoon! :)

Congratulations and best of luck ladies and gents!!! This board was a godsend for me thru planning our cruise wedding in May 2013, and i'm happy to say made some good friends here along the way who we are still in touch with:) enjoy every moment and feel free to shoot me any questions thru fb if you have any :)

Getting married on Celebrity Constellation sailing March 2, 2015.

Still deciding on having a reception or not. Reason for getting married while cruising was because I thought it would be less stress and less expensive. Boy is that statement changing :eek: . Can't believe the prices of photography packages and reception, in addition to wedding package itself :(

Actually really considering skipping the reception and keeping it basic. We'll have 60-75 guests and the reception will really add up. I'm so torn trying to decide :confused:

Congrats to all 2015 Brides (and current ones ;) )

We are thinking island wedding. We are still trying to look at all details into doing so. I know the license stuff is a pain..... I also know the weather can be unpredictable but I still think it's worth it. I didn't come all this way (Minnesota) to get married inside....well that's just our opinion anyway :p but I guess there is just A LOT of details that go into a cruise wedding and I'm a little stressed. We just ordered Save the Dates today and now we are just really thinking...WOW this is real. We need to figure this all out now.

So great we are so close! You'll have to let me know your details.

We're going to get married at Osprey Beach in Grand Turk, which is the first port of the cruise. We have ordered the bamboo arch with tulle (Malibu blue) and we have to wait for the wedding date to get closer to see if we can have a steel pan player for the ceremony. As far as the reception goes, it'll take place back on the ship. We upgraded it to 2 hours and have already ordered our 2 tier cake, which will be chocolate with vanilla cream and vanilla with coconut filling. We decided to play our own songs, so we're just going to have the sound technician. I didn't want the DJ as it required the reception to be in the club. We're also expecting between 40 and 50 guests with two of them boarding the ship just for the reception. I have already sent out our STD, which were heart magnets, which I ordered from magnetstreet.com. I was really impressed with the quality of them. My dress has already arrived :) and I'm waiting to get the bridesmaids together, which will consist of our two kids and my bestfriend, to try on the dresses that I have in mind for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi! We are getting married (hopefully) February 3, 2015 on Allure of the Seas!! We are having our ceremony at sea and am praying I will be able to have a private evening reception, although trying to get an answer out of anyone this far in advance is a nightmare!! Looking like we will hVe about 50 guests!

Can't wait to chat with everyone!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We're going to get married at Osprey Beach in Grand Turk, which is the first port of the cruise. We have ordered the bamboo arch with tulle (Malibu blue) and we have to wait for the wedding date to get closer to see if we can have a steel pan player for the ceremony. As far as the reception goes, it'll take place back on the ship. We upgraded it to 2 hours and have already ordered our 2 tier cake, which will be chocolate with vanilla cream and vanilla with coconut filling. We decided to play our own songs, so we're just going to have the sound technician. I didn't want the DJ as it required the reception to be in the club. We're also expecting between 40 and 50 guests with two of them boarding the ship just for the reception. I have already sent out our STD, which were heart magnets, which I ordered from magnetstreet.com. I was really impressed with the quality of them. My dress has already arrived :) and I'm waiting to get the bridesmaids together, which will consist of our two kids and my bestfriend, to try on the dresses that I have in mind for them.

Are you going with Carnival for the Ceremony? I didn't know they had add on things like the arches and what not.... do they have a price list for these items? And was the steel drum player from Carnival? We would like the 2 hour reception as well. What room are you choosing? I thought the only reception area was the night club. What does the sound technician all do? Sorry I have so many questions! :) We are booking this week so I haven't gotten to ask all of them yet.

Are you going with Carnival for the Ceremony? I didn't know they had add on things like the arches and what not.... do they have a price list for these items? And was the steel drum player from Carnival? We would like the 2 hour reception as well. What room are you choosing? I thought the only reception area was the night club. What does the sound technician all do? Sorry I have so many questions! :) We are booking this week so I haven't gotten to ask all of them yet.

Yes, I'm going with carnival for the ceremony. The Wedding Experience takes care of the details for the island ceremony, and they also provide a price list if you ask.

The night club is only a must as a reception area if you request to have the DJ; and the sound technician basically just plays the songs that I'm providing for the reception. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. I'm also learning along the way :)

Good luck all! Not getting married on board, but today booked our honeymoon on our first ever cruise - Quantum of the Sea on the 5th of April 2015 (getting married here in Scotland on the 27th of March 2015) :)

Hello all! My fiance and I are planning to get married in 2016 on a carnival ship. Not sure which one yet as it's too early. But I am doing tons of research and this forum is very helpful! I am wondering, in regards to a photographer, can I have my own photographer take pictures during and after ceremony or do I have to use the one Carnival offers? Just reading costs of photos alone is as much as our cruise!! Crazy!

Hello all! My fiance and I are planning to get married in 2016 on a carnival ship. Not sure which one yet as it's too early. But I am doing tons of research and this forum is very helpful! I am wondering, in regards to a photographer, can I have my own photographer take pictures during and after ceremony or do I have to use the one Carnival offers? Just reading costs of photos alone is as much as our cruise!! Crazy!

2016Bride, from my paperwork, you have to use there photographer- you cannot have someone with professional equipment of a tripod taking photos but you can have people snapping pictures for you with normal camera as long as they don't interfere with the Carnival Photographer.