Italy, Sicily, Croatia

youpickone

Has anyone recently done this itinerary? 10 or 11 days? Did they leave you long enough in the ports? (i.e. Capri!) How was the atmosphere onboard? I've done all three ships...and have had some good sails, and some not so good. Thanks! :)

We did that itinerary two years ago. We went for the 11 days. It was fantastic. You know, you're never really in port long enough! Seriously, I do not remember feeling short-changed at any port. Of course if you really want to see all of some particular area you are probably better off not on a cruise. We loved it. I will say that one major highlight was cruising Stromboli at night. You could see the volcano erupting in the dark. We will never forget that. I would also suggest you spend at least a couple of extra days in Dubrovnik at the end of your cruise. It is a fabulous city.

• 7 months later...

We also did the Venice - Rome itinerary a few years back. It was perfect! We loved every port and yes, we spent just enough time in each. Choosing excursions is the hardest thing to do. And yet, somehow, I felt we got it right at each destination. We biked in Rovinj, did the jeep tour in Corfu. We did not take an excursion in Dubrovnik, Kotor, Taormina, Capri or Ponza.

Archived