Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

Yes, thank you, CK!

I hope there will be more such deals (even if it's not a total "no supplement" discount) for solo travelers -- and I hope they get posted to this thread as I'm definitely up for doing more trips in the near future!

Hi, I'm new here and just booked my first solo cruise. Got a great deal on Carnival Conquest.

$619 for a balcony with no supplement! 7 days for May 4th. I got a $85 on board credit and upgrade as well. There are several cruises on Carnival with no supplements right now. Most are for last min cruises. I paid a little more for some extra perks due to the low price I could afford to!

I'll be there with you on the conquest for the 4th.. I booked earlier today but I wanted to choose my own balcony cabin so I had to pay $719 instead of $619. And I only got $75 onboard credit. I have the lowest price guarantee so if you know how I could get the 619 price and still get to choose my cabin I'd love to know!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Edited by Jana60

I have gone on this one the end of October of last year and it was great. Love all the ports. It's a shame though that they took out Dominica.

Does Princess have a sell off or special deal site like Celebrity's Tuesday specials or RCL specials they send me.

Still trying to book for Christmas and the supplement with the cost of Christmas cruise is more costly then the 26 day cruise I am going on next month.

Any info greatly appreciated.

Thanks for letting me know. I do think even the $719 is a fantastic price and it included $75 in onboard credit that the $619 deal did not. I cruised about a year back on the Carnival Glory and paid $698 for an upper lower porthole room. It's fabulous getting a balcony for the same price.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Thank you for the advice! I'm still deciding on everything. I'm going on the MSC Divina this Saturday and also in the fall. I think I should to wait till I get back to finalize everything.

Please let us know how it went on MSC Divina! I've been wanting to try her ever since I had a nice Med cruise on MSC Orchestra.

I don't want to go back through almost 150 pages to search for what might be an out-of-date answer, so I'll take the risk that I might be asking some questions that have been addressed already (and probably numerous times!)

Other than this particular thread, are there any other good places to become aware of potential savings for solo travelers? Are there travel agents or travel agencies that specialize in solos? (And not just for cruises.) Are there other threads on this forum, perhaps under individual cruise lines' headings, that have such information?

Has anyone ever dealt directly with a cruise line and asked to be contacted for when solo bargains show up? Has this worked?

Does looking for "last-minute" bargains sometimes translate into solo savings?

Is there any information about the success or failure of the studio cabins/lounge on some of NCL's ships? Is there any consideration to these, or similar features, being added to other NCL ships or other cruise lines?

I apologize for all of the questions, but I'm new to solo traveling and am interested in doing it more often.

Thank you!

I don't want to go back through almost 150 pages to search for what might be an out-of-date answer, so I'll take the risk that I might be asking some questions that have been addressed already (and probably numerous times!)

Other than this particular thread, are there any other good places to become aware of potential savings for solo travelers? Are there travel agents or travel agencies that specialize in solos? (And not just for cruises.) Are there other threads on this forum, perhaps under individual cruise lines' headings, that have such information?

Has anyone ever dealt directly with a cruise line and asked to be contacted for when solo bargains show up? Has this worked?

Is there any information about the success or failure of the studio cabins/lounge on some of NCL's ships? Is there any consideration to these, or similar features, being added to other NCL ships or other cruise lines?

I apologize for all of the questions, but I'm new to solo traveling and am interested in doing it more often.

Thank you!

Hi, I have been cruising solo for 11 years next month:)...I LOVE IT:D

I will try to answer some of your questions...or the ones I know

the answers to;)

First, Naming Travel Agencies is against Cruise Critic policy so none

of us are allowed to give you any. I would use Google, and type

in "Solo Cruising" and/or "Travel Agencies" and look for one that

specializes in cruising.

I book with the cruisline directly many times...as for them giving you

a special rate? Not very often but yes, if you can go very last minute

sometimes the prices will drop....supply and demand takes precedence.

I have never sailed NCL, so I cannot help you with them but there

are alot of folks on here who do sail with them so hopefully someone

will chime in.

I will say cruising solo is fantastic:)...and hope you find it fabulous

too:D

Hi, I have been cruising solo for 11 years next month:)...I LOVE IT:D

I will try to answer some of your questions...or the ones I know

the answers to;)

First, Naming Travel Agencies is against Cruise Critic policy so none

of us are allowed to give you any. I would use Google, and type

in "Solo Cruising" and/or "Travel Agencies" and look for one that

specializes in cruising.

I book with the cruisline directly many times...as for them giving you

a special rate? Not very often but yes, if you can go very last minute

sometimes the prices will drop....supply and demand takes precedence.

I have never sailed NCL, so I cannot help you with them but there

are alot of folks on here who do sail with them so hopefully someone

will chime in.

I will say cruising solo is fantastic:)...and hope you find it fabulous

too:D

To add to Lois's comments, RCCL does have a Weekly Monday/Tuesday sail and at times there are sailings with a reduced single supp. If you are a C&A member you can book on Monday, if not then Tuesday. Your TA or RCCL may be able to assist and keep in mind the reduced Supp is not the norm.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hi,just wondering if anybody ever got a good solo rate on NCL Dawn Boston to Bermuda? I would love to take this cruise but the price is so high. Have done it before but not as a solo. Maybe last min?

Thank you!

Google the name of the TA that lists reduced solo supplements as advised above. I've asked PCCs to call me when there's a good solo rate, and I've been told they don't do that. I hooked a studio on NCL on 1/24 for the Getaway this Saturday, and about a month ago, I got upgraded to a large balcony! I think that was due yo my vigilance . I haven't figured out how to do land tours with a low supplement.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi' date=' All!

Kfoot--- where are the cruises to and from that you wrote about? I'm about to take my first cruise, so don't know the basics. Thanks![/quote']

If you are looking for solo rates on Carnival, once on their site, click on cruise deals. Then exclusive savings, then single occupancy. A list of cruises will generate.

Hope that's what you were asking.

Edited by Kfoot

I, too, apologize if this question has been asked and answered on one of the many previous pages on this thread -- besides TA's who may specialize in solo travel, and the very helpful info about getting rates on Carnival, does anyone know if all cruise lines have a link to their solo travel fares on their websites, and does a posted rate include the supplement?

Are the rates that have been posted on this thread ones that are confirmed because the traveler has already booked the cabin at that fare or are they fares that are advertised without having to go through the process of dummy booking?

I appreciate any help you may offer!

All cruise lines do not have a link. Some gave studio cabins. Other than on line TA, I know of no other way to check single supplement.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

On Carnival Cruise Lines site you just punch in the number of people cruising and it brings up the prices for those number of people cruising. you just choose the # 1. The prices you see will be the price for one person occupying the room and will reflect the entire price before taxes and port charges. it doesn't say whether the lower price is due to a sale or due to no single supplement but does it really matter?

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Forums mobile app

Edited by Jana60

Thanks for your help! I looked at my favorite online TA, which has a link on the left side of their home page for "singles' discounts." I had not noticed it before. Though they say they have info for thousands of good singles' cruise deals, they show what they consider their best deals for this category, and even show what the supplement is, from 0% (Ponant, Windstar, Star Clippers, some Royal Caribbean and many Carnival) all the way to, of course, 100% You can then click on each cruise, and see what the rates are for the various categories -- often the supplement varies by category.

This TA also lists "hosted singles cruises" as one of their "specialties" (along with about 20 other "specialties" ;) ) I imagine if I called them, I would be able to get a lot more info about solo options.

Of course, you experienced solo travelers are probably very familiar with this sort of system, but it is new to me. I am glad I popped onto this thread, as it has opened up some interesting possibilities for me!

If the site starts with a "V" then beware it's not updated very often. If you find a great rate it may already be gone. Use it as a guide to see which line has deals currently and then research a bit on your own.

They once had 5 cruises listed I liked and when I called to book none where available. False advertising imo.

If the site starts with a "V" then beware it's not updated very often. If you find a great rate it may already be gone. Use it as a guide to see which line has deals currently and then research a bit on your own.

They once had 5 cruises listed I liked and when I called to book none where available. False advertising imo.

It is the site I use to research cruises, when I want TOGO on Vacations. I have bought two cruises from them and not had a problem -- maybe the problem lies with the supplement info being out of date? Both cruises I bought were double occupancy. Yes, could be a bait-and-switch problem, but my experiences have been positive.