Best/Worst Port Food?

ikirumata

I admit, Im a sucker for regional food. It always seems that when I plan a cruise, the first thing I do id look for what food I can get in port that I cant get at home...or at least a more authentic version.

What port foods are the best/worst in your humble (or not) opinion?

For me, the best food I have had was some smoked, candied salmon at the Granville Island farmers market in Vancouver BC.

I admit, Im a sucker for regional food. It always seems that when I plan a cruise, the first thing I do id look for what food I can get in port that I cant get at home...or at least a more authentic version.

What port foods are the best/worst in your humble (or not) opinion?

For me, the best food I have had was some smoked, candied salmon at the Granville Island farmers market in Vancouver BC.

Its gotta be Cuban food in Miami or Ft. Lauderdale Area. In miami for the best head to little havannah. Calle Ocho (8th street) Versailles!!

Cheese sticks at Australia's Adelaide Central Market, food at Johannesburg's Safari Club bed and breakfast and at KwaZulu-Natal's Phinda Private Game Resort. The last two were not a cruise trip.

I have not had any bad food on cruises or other trips as I am extremely selective about what I eat.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Favourite food cities? Rome (pizza and pasta of course plus that heavenly gelato), baklava in Santorini and paella in Barcelona.

Least favourite? None really. I think we've been very fortunate with food choices.

• 3 months later...

St. Martin--Harbor View restaurant on the boardwalk in Phillipsburg, baby back ribs and curried anything they have that day.

Antigua--the Roti, sorry don't remember the name of the restaurant. It is a large flatbread of sorts filled with stewed meat and was out of this world. (Roti with curried conch a close second, on St. Kitts.)

Curacao--Seaquarium Beach has a snack bar with Dutch fast food. The Kippkorn and pommes frites are delicious (Kippcorn is a chicken fritter breaded with cornflakes, basically).

Its gotta be Cuban food in Miami or Ft. Lauderdale Area. In miami for the best head to little havannah. Calle Ocho (8th street) Versailles!!

I have been to Versailles while in Miami the night prior to departure..it was the BEST food I have ever eaten!!!!!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Archived