Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Carnival Cruise Lines

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Carnival Cruise Lines

Read thousands of Carnival Cruise Reviews from real cruisers and compare the best Carnival Cruise Deals.

Write a Carnival Review

NEW! Find Your CARNIVAL Roll Call

Old February 5th, 2013, 04:20 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Guaranteed Balcony Cabin

I just booked a cruise on the Pride for Nov and this was my first time using a travel agent. She booked in something called a Guaranteed Balcony. Does this mean that I'm more than likely going to an obstruction view? I always like knowing what room I'm in so this has made me a little nervous. Has anybody else done guaranteed balcony? And if so how was your experience?

-Carnival Destiny March 2010
-Carnival Splendor April 2013
-Carnival Pride November 2013

Ad Sponsored By
Old February 5th, 2013, 05:04 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

It is possible that you could get an obstructed view balcony, as there are plenty of those on this ship. But I don't know what the chances are of that. The Pride has those on deck 5. The obstruction is the lifeboat, which come up to the railing of the balcony. So when you look out, you would have a clear view. But looking down, you would see the lifeboat. For people booking with a rate that lets them pick their own rooms, many people do pick these, because they are the cheapest balconies. So if enough people pick them, your chances of getting a regular, unobstructed balcony goes up. But if you do get an obstructed view, it's still a good room. And depending on what rate you're under, it might have been more expensive to pick your own room.
..................Carnival Triumph 12-3-2012, Carnival Breeze 4-13-2013, Carnival Dream 1-25-2014

Upcoming cruises: Carnival Splendor (San Juan to Miami: 6 new ports for me) 11-1-2014

k2 is in reference to the mountain known as K2, not a reference to the drug. Drug-free, straight-edge is the way to live! Mountain highs are greater than any drug high!