Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Carnival Cruise Lines

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Carnival Cruise Lines

Read thousands of Carnival Cruise Reviews from real cruisers and compare the best Carnival Cruise Deals.

Write a Carnival Review

NEW! Find Your CARNIVAL Roll Call

Old January 13th, 2014, 12:26 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tutankhamen View Post
I never get the cruisers who have no kids, don't get in the pool but feel the need to have a chair by the pool.

Me, give me a chair away from all the noise in a secluded location, a book and I am good to go.

To each their own I guess.
That's how we feel as well, since our kids are older. We never have a problem finding a lounger in a secluded area. So nice and peaceful, either reading or enjoying the beautiful ocean.

Ad Sponsored By
Old January 13th, 2014, 12:49 PM
Cool Cruiser

I would be so happy if they're enforcing this on the Sunshine. Last two cruises, granted I am NOT an early riser, DH and I were looking everywhere for just one empty lounger. What irked me the most was I wanted to be in the serenity area, and it wasn't packed by any means at the time, but every chair was spoken for by some object or another.
I have yet to spend anytime in the Serenity area other than a quick look to determine that everything is "taken"
I look forward to carnival finially enforcing their own, and imo, important, rules!

Old January 13th, 2014, 01:06 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetexpress View Post
I said it was wrong in my first post... I never claimed it was the right thing to do but keep in mind this occurred before Carnival ever took real enforcement against chair hogs. Thank you for the unsolicited morality lecture though. There is probably a smuggling thread somewhere that could use your input as to what is right or wrong.
You come onto a public board and admit to being a thief. Of course you will get some comments about that. Yes you do state it was wrong, but then the next sentence you try to justify it. You are still trying to justify it above, because it happened before Carnival started to enforce the chair hog rule.

Somebody does something that is against a rule (not law), so you do something that is against the law (stealing) and consider yourself even.

Nothing justifies stealing. I thought that was taught to kids in Kindergarten. Looks like you could use some more unsolicited morality lectures if you do not see that what the chair hog (broke a rule) did does not justify what you did (broke a law).

I am glad that carnival is finally deciding to enforce the chair hogging rules. I hate chair hoggs also, but that doesn't mean I am going to become a thief because of thier slight to me by hogging a chair I want.

Carnival Imagination 07/16/10
Carnival Imagination 01/11/11
Carnival Victory 05/29/11
Carnival Triumph 12/22/12
Carnival Sensation 02/07/13
Carnival Imagination 07/05/13
Carnival Imagination 07/08/13
Carnival Imagination 07/12/13
Carnival Inspiration 10/11/13
Carnival Glory 11/01/13
Carnival Conquest 11/24/13
Carnival Conquest 12/01/13
Carnival Elation 02/27/14

Old January 13th, 2014, 01:20 PM
Cool Cruiser

I said it was wrong! I was not trying to justify it. Just pointing out it happened before any timed stickers were put on chairs but I never said that made it right. You can quit putting words in my mouth at any time...

Have you ever broken a law? Yes? Guess we have something in common after all...
6/09 - Carnival Destiny
9/10 - Carnival Liberty
1/12 - Liberty of the Seas
2/14 - Carnival Glory

Gotta love that carbon footprint

Last edited by jetexpress; January 13th, 2014 at 01:22 PM.

Old January 13th, 2014, 01:30 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Needless to say we now have two Carnival logo beach towels as souvenirs. Was it right of us? No. Was it right of them to save chairs all day long? No. I guess we will call it even.
Quote:
I said it was wrong! I was not trying to justify it. Just pointing out it happened before any timed stickers were put on chairs but I never said that made it right. You can quit putting words in my mouth at any time...

Have you ever broken a law? Yes? Guess we have something in common after all...
I did not put any words in your mouth. The quote above are your words. "I guess we will call it even." is trying to justify you actions. If you had just left it as you did wrong, it would be fine.

Yes I have boken a law. I have been caught speeding before. When I got pulled over and the officer told me I had been speeding, I said you are right. I did not try to add anything else to justify my speeding. I did it, I was wrong, I admitted it, no justificating on my part.

Carnival Glory 11/01/13

Old January 13th, 2014, 01:41 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thommy_Boy View Post
I did not put any words in your mouth. The quote above are your words. "I guess we will call it even." is trying to justify you actions. If you had just left it as you did wrong, it would be fine.

Yes I have boken a law. I have been caught speeding before. When I got pulled over and the officer told me I had been speeding, I said you are right. I did not try to add anything else to justify my speeding. I did it, I was wrong, I admitted it, no justificating on my part.
I'm sorry that how I typed something was not up to your standards. Was just trying to have a little fun in the midst of a light hearted discussion by reminiscing about something from the past. But once again the CC morality/grammar police insist on getting bent out of shape over a person/poster they will never meet in real life. I am done with this discussion.
6/09 - Carnival Destiny
9/10 - Carnival Liberty
1/12 - Liberty of the Seas
2/14 - Carnival Glory

Gotta love that carbon footprint

Old January 13th, 2014, 02:09 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbum53 View Post
To avoid any conflict, whether you're traveling solo or with someone, why not ask someone nearby to keep an eye on your things and let him/her know that you'll be returning shortly? And, if you're looking for a chair and see one that's got items on it but is unoccupied, why not ask someone close by how long has the chair been empty? Glad to see that Carnival is finally enforcing the "No Chair Saving" policy.
This is what I do. My DH does not enjoy hanging in the sun on Lido deck as much as I do so I am usually alone. If I want to go take a dip in the pool to cool off, go to the bathroom or get a drink, I will tell the person next to me I will be right back. Never had a problem!!
Pat

Old January 13th, 2014, 02:10 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
I'm sorry that how I typed something was not up to your standards. Was just trying to have a little fun in the midst of a light hearted discussion by reminiscing about something from the past. But once again the CC morality/grammar police insist on getting bent out of shape over a person/poster they will never meet in real life. I am done with this discussion.
I did not call out any grammar errors. I didn't call you out how you typed the post. I actually liked most of your post. Up until you tried to justify your wrong actions.

I am also not bent out of shape. You seem to be the one bent out of shape because somebody called you out on your illegal actions.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Carnival Glory 11/01/13

Old January 13th, 2014, 02:30 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thommy_Boy View Post
They would know immediately that somebody stole them? Because that is what happened. If they know what happened, the would remove the charges.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app
When the guest starting complaining about the person who had the gaul to remove towels from their deck chairs, Guests Services would know they were chair hogging and remind them that they signed out the towels.

Old January 13th, 2014, 02:48 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine5715 View Post
When the guest starting complaining about the person who had the gaul to remove towels from their deck chairs, Guests Services would know they were chair hogging and remind them that they signed out the towels.
We all know that chair hogs will have no problem with lying also. So they would go to guest services and say they got up to go to the bathroom, get a drink, get something from the buffet and somebody came along and stole thier towel. We all know that there are thiefs who go cruising, we have a confirmed on in this post. Or they could lie and say they took the towels back to thier room and the steward did not log them in (that excuse worked for somebody in this thread). Guest services will then remove the charge.

To me it all comes down to stealing is wrong and never justifiable.

Carnival Glory 11/01/13