Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > Royal Caribbean International

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Royal Caribbean International
NEW! Find Your ROYAL CARIBBEAN Roll Call

Old February 8th, 2014, 09:14 AM
Cool Cruiser

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by internetwhiz View Post
Don! You dawg! You make a lot of pics for us!
A Doberwawa! We are packing for the 16th!

ace1zoe2 on their OCD thread said she has 200-300 pics taken as of Friday so you should be happy with those if they ever get them loaded... I will take a lot and no promise but probably give a link to a flickr album sometime after returning.

don

God Bless America - Land of the Free, Because of the BRAVE......

Old February 8th, 2014, 10:25 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Dock Dave View Post
Don't be daft, an Internet forum is for all to share and contribute to, and hopefully enjoy. I'm just fortunate / unfortunate enough to be in a position to share what most will never see, and happy to do so when time allows. You contributed something I was unable to which makes that contribution just as valid to those unable to see either aspect themselves.

The appreciation is always nice, Amy likes the company and the way to kill time and interact a bit with people while I'm absent I think, so thank you for being very kind to her. I need no recognition for this, my only request is the same as always...... Contractors on dry dock get paid well for what we do, it's why we do it in the conditions we have to endure and within times scales that seem ludicrous. The crew however do not get paid so well, tipping positions are on minimum wage for dry docks and work just as hard as anyone, maybe more so as most work is brain numbing and the hours are long. PLEASE, if you want to thank me in anyway for sharing pictures with Amy that she passes along, then have a quiet word with a crew member of your choosing, and give them a tip to thank them for the hard work. The crew are without a doubt the unsung heroes on these ships. They work morning till night for an amount a day that most of us could exceed in loose change if we checked the car and the couch. They deserve the credit for the ship. Not the likes of me, my bank manager thanks me enough lol
Dave I haven't been on for a couple of days so not sure what quotes have been said after this but you an Amy are very unique. It isn't often in this day and time that you find people as you that care and think of others as you have shown through this journey and statements above. Your compassion in what you do has shown in the post and pictures along with your compassion to people you do not know. You did this for the love of the job you have and we have enjoyed all of it. The two of you are very lucky to have each other as it has also been evident that Amy also has that same compassion for people which has shown through the post.

I only wish your statements on the crew were seen by more, I cannot stand that when people have one little bad experience on a cruise or anywhere that services are rendered and should be rewarded in tipping are held accountable for that one little thing and no tip is left. The crew works seven days a week for months at a time and you know how that can give you one bad day. Please give them the benifit of the doubt.

From myself I thank you both and know good things will come to the two of you. I only wish this thank you were in person.
Tom

Cruise Ships - Profile Ticker

Carnival Triumph 10-2013
Carnival Triumph 8-2013
RCCL Mariner of The Seas 2-2012
RCCL Voyager of the seas 2-27-2011
RCCL Liberty of the Seas 12-2010 Bud Light Port Paradise III
RCCL Voyager of the Seas 3-2009
RCCL Rhapsody of the Seas 8-2006
RCCL Grandeur of the Seas 3-2004
RCCL Rhapsody of The Seas 8-2002

Old February 8th, 2014, 10:34 AM
Cool Cruiser

Well said redfish and I couldn't agree more!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Old February 10th, 2014, 11:16 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by petel View Post
The image is on an 80 inch TV standing on end. I think based on the mock up I saw it is not on the back wall so you will be disoriented when you look "outside" on the TV. And, if the location of the screen doesn't disorient you the picture may come from any of several cameras located on either side of the ship. So, unless there is a label telling you which way you are looking you will be somewhat disoriented. The picture quality is great but you can only look "outside." It isn't good for TV or games..
Could you imagine if it was a TV?? WHEW!!!

Old February 14th, 2014, 02:12 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by a68vet View Post
Thank you Nancy! Well, we finally could not stand it any longer and booked the 2/16 cruise on NV! Hope to see y'all soon!

don
Don, we would have been on the 16th with all of you but grand kids have winter break so we have kiddo duties. Know all of you will have a great time. We would love to see the new stateroom pictures.
Bon Voyage,
Nancy

Diamond Plus

Loyal to Royal -6/13/98 Grandeur, 9/5/04 Adventure, 9/2/06 Navigator, 8/26/07 Freedom, 12/13/09 Voyager, 3/14/10 Liberty, 10/16/10 Radiance, 11/28/10 Voyager, 5/7/11 Oasis, 10/15/11 Oasis, 3/04/12 Mariner, 11?02/12 Vision, 12/9/12 Mariner, 12/30/12 Mariner, 01/20/13 Mariner, 1/27/13 Mariner, 8/31/2013 Oasis, 10/13/2013 Allure, 12/8/2013 Navigator, 1/25/2014 Serenade, 5/4/14 Navigator, 5/25/14 Navigator, 8/28/14 Explorer 10/26/14 Brilliance

Old February 21st, 2014, 12:26 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2cruise614 View Post
Thank you Aim1 and Dave for the updates and pictures, Feb 23rd cannot get here soon enough.
I do have a question maybe Dave or someone can answer. What is the standard railing height? Is it the same for the balconies and the outer decks? Tried finding height on line but there seemed to be several different answers. Sorry if this isn't keeping in line with ordinal topic but thought maybe Dave knew since it looked like they were adding new railing.

Sent using Forums mobile app
I was sat in the security office on the Carnival Legend, and noticed a memo taped to the wall detailing the changes to regulations and the work that would needed to be carried out and by who to comply with them..... 2012 the handrail height became a mandatory 42" minimum... and I immediately remembered this question so stored the information to relay back to you

Old February 21st, 2014, 01:00 AM
Cool Cruiser

Thank you Dave for remembering and replying. We get to see all the great work you all done during dry doc, Sunday cannot get here soon enough. Again thank you for everything you, your coworkers and your wife do!

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Forums mobile app