Wii Fit

babymomma

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in too!! I have been using Wii Fit for almost a month and have lost 9 pounds- 11 pounds to go till my cruise goal of 20 lost. I want to lose more but I figure 20 is a good goal considering the length of time I have left until we go.

Tina

I want in... I need some motivation. Are you going to message us when the group starts? My e mail is spaceflower22@aol.com. Let me know when you start the group. I'm down for weigh ins and advice... more info on the Gold's Gym cardio would be great. I like my Wii Fit -- I like the boxing and step -- wish there were more step options.

This sounds like something I need! :cool:Just got my WiiFit tonight and used it for 25 min. I know it's not much but I am such a :eek:couch potato with RA thats all I could handle. I'm hoping this motivates me to get the weight off!!! Mind if I join your group?

• 3 weeks later...

Lets get started now. I am sorry I have not been on here sooner I have busy with work things. we are get started now. Any one can join at any time. Lets weight in on sat.

Good luck all.

Karla

Hi Ladies

I would love to join your group. I was given my WII Fit for Mothers Day.

10th May 2009, I have only used it twice, as I have had and still have a horrid cold that won't go away and have quite a very busy life, work full time, two young kids, hubbby, hobby farm on weekends.

My aim is to use my WII Fit twice a week (more offten after we have finished our olive harvest) and tone some of the wobbly bits lets over from being pregnant. We are booked on a Costa cruise in September this year that is my motivation.

Good luck to us all.

Donna :)

Edited by Cruisin D

Hi, I'm happy to find this thread. We're cruising in October and I definitely need to lose some weight before then.

We just got a Wii Fit on Wednesday and have really enjoyed it. My 17 year old daughter really loves it!

Tina, that's awesome that you lost 9 pounds in about a month! That's inspirational.

Edited by RedbirdFL

All you have to is work out on the wii as much as you can. And then every saturday weight in. that is all you have to do. In fact I need to check my weight. I was busy and did not get on to weight in on Saturday. But thatis all you have to do. Good luck to all. and great working out. Don't worry if you can not work every day I had to take a break and am getting back into again. Good luck and stick to it the best you all can.

Karla

What programs are available thru Wii Fit??? I've thought about it a couple times and wondered if you really work up a sweat while working out??

I use Gold's Gym Cardio Workout. It's a wonderful shape boxing exercise. A friend of mine uses My Fitness Coach. EA Active is supposed to be really good too. It was just released last Tuesday so I haven't tried it yet.

I go to GameStop/EB Games and get the games used and if I don't like them, I trade them.

Karla, thanks so much. Do we just weigh in and then report our loss (being positive here and assuming there will only be losses)? Looking forward to losing weight with everyone....thanks for the support. Thanks Tammy

May I join, please? I got a Wii Fit months ago, and haven't been all that diligent in my regimine. :o (The attitude of the Fit scares me sometimes!)

I cruise in 1 year, so I'm hoping that I can drop 35-50 pounds by then. I know if I have to be accountable, I'm more likely to stick to it.

Laura

Yes any one can join at any time they would like.

Yes just weight in with the loses. We are not going to be negative we are going to lose. I We do not need the negative it will just bring us down and then we will want to quit. We do not want to hear someone had to quit because we are being negative. Good luck to all and lets get to the wii fit and lose those pounds.

Yeah US. Lets put our hearts and minds to it.

Karla :)

Well, I finally bit the bullet and did a body test last night after way too long between my sessions. (My Mii was sleeping in the Wii Plaza! LOL!)

I know we are only going to log losses, but I am actually pleased that my weight gain from my long Wii Fit hiatus showed only 4.5 pounds - and that's AFTER my last 7-day cruise 2 weeks ago! So even though I did gain some weight, I was pleased that it wasn't as much as I suspected.

Anyway, I did a little more than 50 minutes on my Wii Fit last night. I did Advanced Step and wound up unlocking the "Free Step," which is pretty cool! It's a minimum of ten minutes of step, and you can watch TV while you step on and off the board. The remote keeps the rythm, and the system keeps track of your steps, so all you have to do is listen to the remote and keep a steady pace on the board.

I also unlocked the last few yoga poses, and did the complete yoga workout using all the poses. It felt great! My balance is only slightly off, btw, with 49.5% left, and 50.5% right.

Down to business. My next cruise is one year from yesterday. I set my new Wii Fit goal to lose 22 pounds in 6 months time, which works out to be just under 2 pounds per week.

I've set up an incentive system for myself, too. For every 5 pounds I lose, I get to get a professional manicure. For every 10 pounds, I get to treat myself to a manicure and pedicure. When I hit the 20 pound mark, I'm going to get a new hair style to show off my slimmer face. :)

Edited by Lady_Jag

OK, I admit it! I've been lax on the Wii~ HOWEVER, got on and lost 3 lbs!!! :D Hope this continues.. even if I wasn't using it every day, my Wii age has improved along with my balance. Not where I want it, but any little bit helps, right?:)

Can I join?.....I recently got the Wii fit and have lost 3 lbs so far....I still have around 40 to lose....want to get down at least 20 by my cruise in October.

Hi! I see you're sailing on the Dream. Please please please tell me all about it when you get back! I'm sailing on the Dream in May 2010, and can't WAIT!

Congrats on losing 3 pounds. I wouldn't mind losing about 40 as well, but the Wii won't let me set a goal of more than 22 pounds over the next 6 months. Oh well, if I can lose even those 22, I'll be tickled pink!

Hi! I see you're sailing on the Dream. Please please please tell me all about it when you get back! I'm sailing on the Dream in May 2010, and can't WAIT!

Congrats on losing 3 pounds. I wouldn't mind losing about 40 as well, but the Wii won't let me set a goal of more than 22 pounds over the next 6 months. Oh well, if I can lose even those 22, I'll be tickled pink!

Yep I'm going on the Dream in October....can hardly wait...it's only my second cruise and I'm SO excited. I will definitely post about it when I get back.

I set my Wii for the 22 lbs...once I'm down that (hopefully by the cruise. I will set it for another 22lbs.....definitely need to lose about 40 or even a few more...

Last night, I did 10 minutes of boxing, then since hubby wanted to play too, we played Wii Sports tennis. I haven't played Wii Sports in about a year, and I got my booty kicked! It was fun, though, and I got my heartrate up a little bit.

Hubby asked me last night "Did the Wii Fit mess up your Mii?"

"Yeah," I said, "It said I'm overweight, so it made my Mii chunky." :(

"But surely, you're not THAT overweight. That Mii is REALLY pudgey!"

Um...yeah.