Shower Only Cabin...Good/Bad?

skiingj

Inside cabins on the Maasdam have a generous size shower with a shower head that can be set on the wall, or removed, as you choose.

The sink/vanity area is large, as it takes up the area where the tub would be set in an outside cabin. Plenty of counter and shelf space there.

Thanks for the info Ruth. Considering a last minute cruise out of Boston to New England/Canada and wanted to save some money by doing my first ever inside. The pre-cruise hotel costs are so high in Boston.

HAL just informed us we have been moved to a VD a deck below and get the same cabin for the coastal. Which is good news so we don't have to switch cabins. In HAL's mind a deck 7 aft is a lower category than a deck 6 aft. Not sure it is in my mind but so it goes...

The big question is why are some of the aft cabins on deck 6 "Shower Only"? Are they smaller in some way? Not having a bathtub is no big deal but curious. Thanks in advance!

True, cabins aft port and starboard on deck 6, 5, 4 are shower only. I can only speculate that some cabins were designed as shower only for the convenience of those passengers with mobility issues. For some people getting into and out of a bathtub may be very difficult if not impossible. There is no difference in overall cabin size.

While I know a tub can be a challenge for some with mobility issues, believe that many women really enjoy a bath.

Most of our Lady Friends, including me prefer showers only..I haven't taken a bath in years at home as we only have a large shower in our Master Bath..But do have a tub in our Guest Bath..

I personally would only book a room with a shower (no tub). Some of those bathtubs are killers to get in and out of. For someone with mobility issues, having a bathtub to get in and out of can be a nightmare.

I Loved having a shower only on the Prinsendam & the Zuiderdam..Never really noticed if they were small, because we were boaters & the shower on our Sailboat was very tiny..:cool: I'm used to small showers.. Whenever we've had a tub/shower combo on HAL, my DH has to help me in & out of the tub because I'm so short..LOL :cool:

On Zuiderdam the cabins with showers only were forward or Aft & a long distance from the elevators..My Friends DH had a problem walking those distances..

We're cruising with them on Celebrity in Dec. & I'm not sure if we have a shower only cabin.. Guess I should check it out..Don't even know if Celebrity has tubs.. I know I'm going to miss being on HAL, but the departure & arrival dates were the deciding factor on this cruise..