Bergen?

Well, all that stuff is fine but we love just strolling from the port into town (you walk past some beautiful old homes and shops, and browsing at the very popular Fish Market.

Hank

Agree totally. Bergen is very walkable, assuming no mobility issues.

Well, all that stuff is fine but we love just strolling from the port into town (you walk past some beautiful old homes and shops, and browsing at the very popular Fish Market.

Hank

Yes from your pics on other posts I can see that there are some beautiful homes and shops. We have a very long port day 7am -5pm so I am sure that strolling the town will be a big part of our day. My DH would love to photography the Stave Church so was hoping to give him that opportunity (I realize it is new).

Is the Hanseatic Museum not worth a visit?

Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks Karen

There is also a HOHO bus which I am sure goes to those stops as well and time to walk the streets

The trip up the hill on the Floban is good ..some people may not find it exciting

If those are the places you want to see do it

We love all the ports in Norway we have been to

Bergen we have done a few times

Enjoy

Lyn

I'll be in Bergen on may 29 (also on a cruise) and already visited this beautiful city, so I can share my (little) experience and actual web researchs with you. If you want to know how to go to fantoft stave church, just Type " how to get to Troldhaugen and Fantoft stave church" on your browser and you'll probably reach the right page of the visitbergen site. Then, you can use the site Skyss.no which is the official bergen transport website (they also have a smartphone application called Skyss reiseplanleggar....oups! But you can just type Skyss!). For bus number 2, it's very convenient to go to Ulriksbanen cable car. The city center stop is close to the fishmarket, Strandgaten (it's the name of the bus stop and the street). Take direction "Birkelundstopp" and stop at Haukeland hospital : the cable car is not very far. For stave church, I think this bus is not very convenient, because, according to Skyss plans, it stops (very!) far from The church. The best bus (always according to skyss plans) is number 21. It also stops at haukeland hospital so if you are coming back from cable car you can take this bus (direction Lagunen) and stop at "Fantoft stavkirke", then walk in the forest (very small, steep and slippery path). But be careful because on saturdays bus number 21 just operates one rotation by hour. If you are in the city center the best way to go to stave church is to take the Bybanen (light railway) line 1 direction Lagunen, and stop at Fantoft or Paradis (a little bit longer but easier to walk from Fantoft than from Paradis). May be you already know it, but the stave church is far from the city center (25 mn trip by bus or rail, each way) so, with waiting time, searching time, walking time, visit and photos, it's, at least, a two hours and a half trip. Also notice that the church opens only at 10h30 and sometimes.....is closed nobody knows why. Hanseatic museum is, in my opinion, very interesting to visit (done during my precedent cruise), also enjoyed the Fløybanen (very pretentious way to write but I never used the ø sign before and just discovered it today! Childish!). Did you heard about the Bergen card? May be interesting if you want to take busses and visit some museums (see on website Visitbergen).

Please, verify on Skyss website and on tourist information center what I said to you because we are in February and it can always change. (Sorry for my bad English, it's not my mother language).

Have a good day in Bergen and a very nice cruise!

Envoyé de mon iPad à l'aide de Forums