Is the Navigator bad or is Rccl bad

antsp

A week after returning from a dreadful cruise on the Navigator I have to ask is the Navigator a poorly run ship or is this what I should expect from Royal Caribbean.

I think from your other posts you were on the same cruise as us, the 22nd October out of Southampton.

Without any details I'm not sure what was unfortunately wrong but we had no complaints. Loved the staff, food and the Ice Show. Had lots of fun in the dining room on MTD and thought the meals were excellent.

We have done quite a few cruises recently so a lot of the entertainment we have already seen something similar so didn't really bother with it and can't comment.

There were a LOT of children on board (including ours :)) and I think the staff struggled a bit at times with plates left and ice creams etc on the floor so cleanliness was occasionally an issue.

Other than that a great cruise.

I'd be very interested to hear what was wrong for you.

Room was dirty, hairs in bathroom, old shoes in wardrobe, dirty glasses in fridge. Complained to pursuers desk, not interested. Windjammer food cold, very cheap offerings, curry, potatoe curry, dirty uncleared tables etc. Bar service very slow, massive lines to be served. Dining rooms menu, no changes really through the week, desserts very poor. General dirty conditions throughout the ship, plates and food left in elevators and corridors and a few hours later still there, is that enough

Room was dirty, hairs in bathroom, old shoes in wardrobe, dirty glasses in fridge. Complained to pursuers desk, not interested. Windjammer food cold, very cheap offerings, curry, potatoe curry, dirty uncleared tables etc. Bar service very slow, massive lines to be served. Dining rooms menu, no changes really through the week, desserts very poor. General dirty conditions throughout the ship, plates and food left in elevators and corridors and a few hours later still there, is that enough

Fairly sure you were on the same cruise as me the 22nd October?

I can't obviously comment on the cleanliness of your stateroom which doesn't sound good but my experience differs greatly from everything else you state.

I did however see plates left around but as I mentioned above I think that was down to the amount of children on board. Not an excuse but a reason I believe.

To be honest we had such a good time we booked the same cruise on Navigator next year.

Really sorry this wasn't good for you :(

A week after returning from a dreadful cruise on the Navigator I have to ask is the Navigator a poorly run ship or is this what I should expect from Royal Caribbean.

considering NAV is one of our favorite ships with a fantastic crew in our opinion( and that of many others) without details we can only assume your expectations are unreasonable.

Enjoy your next cruise line. Clearly this one isn't for you.

What is Crystal's policy on old shoes in the wardrobe?

My brothers cabin had other passengers toiletries left in the cabinet in the bathroom, my parents a glass in there bathroom that the past passengers had used for the toothbrushes.

Fairly sure you were on the same cruise as me the 22nd October?

I can't obviously comment on the cleanliness of your stateroom which doesn't sound good but my experience differs greatly from everything else you state.

I did however see plates left around but as I mentioned above I think that was down to the amount of children on board. Not an excuse but a reason I believe.

To be honest we had such a good time we booked the same cruise on Navigator next year.

Really sorry this wasn't good for you :(

I guess it suits some, But listen at sea is how it's described by a lot of cc reviews, it makes sense now

I guess it suits some, But listen at sea is how it's described by a lot of cc reviews, it makes sense now

Hi

It did suit us to be honest, sorry not sure what 'listen at sea is' but we had a good time. If its a reference to the number of older passengers who may have ailments such as poor sight or deafness on board then I suppose there were...... but I'm a bit live and let live to be honest.

As I said, I'm sorry this wasn't for you.

Hi

It did suit us to be honest, sorry not sure what 'listen at sea is' but we had a good time. If its a reference to the number of older passengers who may have ailments such as poor sight or deafness on board then I suppose there were...... but I'm a bit live and let live to be honest.

As I said, I'm sorry this wasn't for you.

Listen should be butlins, not sure what happened there

If you and your brother's cabins had similar issues and you had the same cabin steward, it may have been only your cabin steward. Did you talk to him/her or talk to a supervisor?

Dirty dishes left around the ship are disgusting. But they're left around the ship by passengers. I don't expect the crew to be roaming the ship to pick up dirty dishes left in elevators, pool deck, etc. I expect adults to act like adults and pick up after themselves. So I don't think that's on the cruise line.

Anyway, to answer your question, it isn't RCCL in my experience (23 cruises). I doubt it's even Navigator. It was likely just some issues on your cruise that are more isolated to your cabin. Food, of course, is very subjective. I find the food generally fine. Great? No, but certainly enjoyable. But that's me. I have fairly realistic expectations.

Hope this helps answer your question.

Listen should be butlins, not sure what happened there

Ok, I understand now.

It was a very busy with lots of children, probably the fullest cruise I have been on so I can understand a little the holiday camp comparison.

There are of course cruise lines out there that operate a lower passenger to staff ratio and offer more public space. Too expensive for us but it may be good for you.

Wherever you end up next, hopefully you will enjoy :)

Room was dirty, hairs in bathroom, old shoes in wardrobe, dirty glasses in fridge.

Complained to pursuers desk, not interested.

Windjammer food cold, very cheap offerings, curry, potatoe curry,

dirty uncleared tables etc. Bar service very slow, massive lines to be served.

Dining rooms menu, no changes really through the week, desserts very poor.

General dirty conditions throughout the ship, plates and food left in elevators and corridors and a few hours later still there, is that enough

Why did you complain to the pursers desk about a housekeeping issue? That could have been cleared up with a call to your stateroom attendant.

Glasses in the fridge? Odd. You didn't just take them out?

Curry and potatoes sounds wonderful to me. I hope I see that at WJ on adventure! Were you going at off times to experience cold food that should have been hot?

Dining room menus change every night. I've never cared for Royal desserts. That's why we budget for Ben and Jerrys. :)

I've seen dirty dishes in hallways at fancy hotels. Doesn't every surprise me. If it bugs me I call housekeeping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk