Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Orient Lines

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Old July 1st, 2004, 11:54 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default 2003-2004 Antarctica travellers

When reading older messages, mention was made that there was a helicopter on board for the Antarctica trips. Lately, I have not heard anything about the copter either on these boards nor in the brochure. Can anyone tell me approximately how many passengers there were on your trip and did they have a helicopter ?
Fran

Old July 2nd, 2004, 12:08 PM
Cool Cruiser

Fran

We went on an Antarctic Cruise in Feb 2004 on the Marco Polo. There were app. 500 passengers on board. We did have a Helicopter with us on the journey it was used to fly ahead and advise the Captain of ice conditions this was particularly useful when we went through the Lemaire Channel.

Best wishes

Tufty

Old July 4th, 2004, 10:56 PM
Cool Cruiser

Thanks Tufty,
You just made me breathe easier. I was concerned about the absence of it being mentioned in any of the literature and it seems so important when the best views are by air. I will feel safer now.
Fran

Old July 5th, 2004, 11:59 AM
Cool Cruiser

Glad to have put your mind at rest Fran. I have to say that we felt very safe all the way through our cruise with Orient Lines. I am sure that you will have a great cruise we certainly did.

Tufty

Old July 6th, 2004, 11:17 PM
Cool Cruiser

Smile

Thanks Tufty,
I have sailed the MP and really love it. I had no doubts about the ship. We did the "Great Cities of Europe" in 2002. I was just wondering as I don't trust the vandals at NCL. Feeling so glad that this has remained at status quo.
Fran