My ''matching Theme Ball'' Gown dooesn't fit - Wearing another dress twice !

jp2001

:eek:

I ordered 2 dresses from eBay. Unfortunately the one I intended to wear on 175th Ball doesn't fit properly. I'll go see my seamstress but I don't think she can arrange it, it's really a weird fit.

I'm leaving in just a week so I don't have time to order from eBay again (delivery in Canada usually takes about 7-10 business days or more).

While I don't mind wearing some of the same clothes on casual cruises like NCL, when I go on Cunard the outfit planning becomes more important to me. I'am disapointed.

I think I'll just wear my other new dress twice (I have another formal red dress too as there are 3 formal nights respectively on day 2, 3 and 6 of the cruise).

One good thing, my new black dress fits well (will fit even better as I am currently losing weight) and is the most comfortabe dress ever. I'll wear it once with a bolero for which I have two options pictured below :

- Yellow one - I think this one would catch the eye more, people would probably remember more the bolero than dress itself. I think it is a fun piece of clothing but definitely not as classy as the other one... and I'm sailing on QM2

- Black/grey one is classier but maybe a bit too ''mother of the bride'' for my age (36yo). It actually belongs to my mother (she is not sailing with me this time).

What would be your choice if you were me?

The 2nd time I'll wear the dress on its own with a pearl necklace. The back is a medium V, it looks quite elegant IMHO.

I am considering booking Todd English for one of the nights as my tablemates are the ones who would have the most chances to notice me wearing the same dress... or I might just eat the bullet and go to the DR with a same dress... not sure yet. Please be honnest, would you have a small negative thought if you realised a tablemate wore the same dress twice?

Please excuse the bad pictures. I'll wear my hair up (or half up), and put make-up and a smile on on every occasion too :D

IMG_20150421_173656.jpg.8cc0a96b1e0d4faec55e96a575893441.jpg

IMG_20150422_065914.jpg.97de16eaaf988a97944a118826546bdd.jpg

IMG_20150421_173406.jpg.3a9c23b9843d77e709bbc2c912bc0514.jpg

I love the yellow bolero. I think it is stunning and classy.

If you're really worried about wearing the same dress twice wear the yellow bolero one night and people will focus on that, then wear the dress on its own another night and people probably won't even realise it was the dress under the bolero.

I'd wear a funky bling necklace with the dress on its own, not pearls. Something that dresses the dress if you know what I mean.

Have a great cruise.

I don't think alot people care how many times it s worn as long as person is dressing 'properly and nicely'. On that note, it looks like 3 different dresses/outfits instead of one - that is impressive! I don't think the 'talkers' will notice unless you tell them outright. I won't worry about it too much.[emoji1]

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Agree! Wear the black dress with the yellow bolero on the first formal night, the red dress on the second formal night, then the black dress on its own with blingy necklace or belt on the third formal night. I think there's enough space in time between the first and third formal nights, and there's enough of a difference in the outfits that nobody will even notice. Don't say a word about it, and if anybody asks, just say "whaaa?".

Have fun, you'll look amazing!

Agree! Wear the black dress with the yellow bolero on the first formal night, the red dress on the second formal night, then the black dress on its own with blingy necklace or belt on the third formal night. I think there's enough space in time between the first and third formal nights, and there's enough of a difference in the outfits that nobody will even notice. Don't say a word about it, and if anybody asks, just say "whaaa?".

Have fun, you'll look amazing!

I agree with this. Enjoy!:)

No one will say a thing...even if they do notice...which they won't! It's amazing how on vacation, folks really don't notice ANYTHING about anyone else!

How old are you? Over 55? Probably not the right dress, unless you look like that model!

I would rather go and try on things in a store, then order, try on, return....order, try on, return....

A suit/cocktail dress can never go wrong...pack it! On "elegant" night...look your best. If others don't..it's not your problem!

You will be fine. Very few actually dress "formally" nowadays.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

What's your point? sorry, I don't understand

To all others, thanks for your support :)

Oops…I am sorry, I am not sure what happens to the rest of my post.

I love your gown and your idea is fantastic. I cannot speak for EVERYONE, but if I were your tablemate or seeing you around; I would notice. I am always aware of my surrounding. Would I care what you are wearing? NO.

Best wishes

M

Edited by Porthopper101

What's your point? sorry, I don't understand

To all others, thanks for your support :)

I think she was trying to show the flip-flopping answers / responses the other poster has given, I assume.....:confused:

I think the choice is yours. Would I notice? Yes. Would it bother me? No. It appears from your picture that you are intending to wear something formal, and based on the style, you can dress that up or down, or change the look. You can always put on a sandal or dressy pump in a color, and carry that color over with your jewelry, too.

Ebay can be tricky, but I've seen some great deals. You just never know if it will work or not. Same with online ordering.