Really casual seafood places - Boston?

Koshlong

We're sailing out of Boston on the Veendam next month. Can you suggest somewhere to get a good, but very relaxed, seafood fix? We'll have a car, so distance isn't a problem, within reason, but traffic might be.

After the cruise to Bermuda, we'll be doing a "lobster roll" tour of

Maine and New Brunswick on our way to visit family in Fredericton.

Revere isn't really Boston.

I'd suggest Yankee Lobster or James Hook. Yankee even has it's own parking lot on the waterfront.

I just wished these places stayed open later. We are staying at the Seaport Hotel, but won't be checking-in until 8 or 8:30pm and I think both are closed at 5 or 6pm.

Friday and Saturday, Belle Isle is open until 10PM.

Had a very yummy lobster roll there today.

Hook and Yankee couldn't be more casual. And you can eat inside, if it's raining or too hot.

Skip the No Name, IMO. It might have been good once, but isn't now and hasn't been for a long time. I am constantly puzzled why it still gets recommended.

I agree. Although their seafood is probably still as fresh as it always was, the preparation went downhill year ago. Last time I was there, a simple dish was terrible. Burnt fish and mushy veggies. I don't recommend this place any more. Even a mass-market chain like Legal Seafood is better than No Name.

I'm having trouble finding out what you can actually "eat in" at James Hook & Co. We're debating between this place and Belle Isle, which looks pretty darn good. Is there anywhere I can find a list of what you can get at James Hook? TA is not helpful, nor is their web site.

Starting to drool.

Of course, we could try one place on the way in, and one on the way out, but we dock on a Saturday morning and I suspect that K will just want to get out of Boston as fast as possible.