Travel Guard Insurance - Reimburse for missed connection

Hello,

My first time purchasing travel insurance and I am glad we did.

Background details - We had a series of delays from 1 airline (Wow Air) from London to Boston (stop over in Iceland). This delay caused us to miss our connecting AA flight from Bos to DFW. We ended up having to stay over night in Boston until we could catch a flight home the next morning.

I am seeking reimbursement from Travel Guard (TG)for the hotel and meals related to the missed connection. TG understandably needs proof that the flight from London to Boston was delayed. I contacted Wow Air last week to request a delay report and heard back initially but follow up emails several days later have gone without reply.

Question for you - What type of documentation do you typically submit to TG to substantiate a missed connection?

Just for the record - we had a great flight with Wow and all flights were delayed due to weather that day. It just happened. But I need to get the paper work submitted ASAP.

Edited by Photojunkie_I_am

Hello,

My first time purchasing travel insurance and I am glad we did.

Background details - We had a series of delays from 1 airline (Wow Air) from London to Boston (stop over in Iceland). This delay caused us to miss our connecting AA flight from Bos to DFW. We ended up having to stay over night in Boston until we could catch a flight home the next morning.

I am seeking reimbursement from Travel Guard (TG)for the hotel and meals related to the missed connection. TG understandably needs proof that the flight from London to Boston was delayed. I contacted Wow Air last week to request a delay report and heard back initially but follow up emails several days later have gone without reply.

Question for you - What type of documentation do you typically submit to TG to substantiate a missed connection?

Just for the record - we had a great flight with Wow and all flights were delayed due to weather that day. It just happened. But I need to get the paper work submitted ASAP.

Usually I expect the airline to pick up the cost for the missed connections. When ever we missed connections . The delayed airline paid for the hotel (if required ) and gave us vouchers for the meals. Also the air;line paid for any extra costs for the missed flight.

Edited by Kamloops50

Usually I expect the airline to pick up the cost for the missed connections. When ever we missed connections . The delayed airline paid for the hotel (if required ) and gave us vouchers for the meals. Also the air;line paid for any extra costs for the missed flight.

Airlines only pick it up if all your legs are on the same reservation. Since I doubt Wow and AA have an interline agreement, there is no way Wow will issue any compensation for missing the AA flight, just like they won't pay for you missing a concert, tour, etc. you may miss.

To the OP: You will need to keep pestering Wow to provide the official statement of how much the flight was delayed and why. Maybe you could see if FlightAware still has a record of your flight, but I don't know if TG would accept it.

Airlines only pick it up if all your legs are on the same reservation. Since I doubt Wow and AA have an interline agreement, there is no way Wow will issue any compensation for missing the AA flight, just like they won't pay for you missing a concert, tour, etc. you may miss.

To the OP: You will need to keep pestering Wow to provide the official statement of how much the flight was delayed and why. Maybe you could see if FlightAware still has a record of your flight, but I don't know if TG would accept it.

You SirWired are my hero!:)

I had no idea that FlightAware existed! I am going to try and submit it to TG and see what happens. Meanwhile I will keep pestering Wow Air.

Thank you!!

I just want to add that airlines typically do not cover hotel and meals if the delay is due to weather. They generally cover those costs if the delay is due to mechanical failure, flight crew unavailable or something like that which was within their control.

• 4 weeks later...

Just as a follow up, my Travel Guard claim process was straightforward. I took time to submit the required documents with a table of contents explaining what it page represented. In 3 weeks I had the check in my hands. They definitely earned my repeat business from now on.

Edited by Photojunkie_I_am