Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > River Cruising

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

River Cruising Find Others on Your River Cruise! River Cruising Roll Calls

Old July 13th, 2013, 03:18 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Info on Optional Excursions>>Vantage Russian Waterways RC

Looking for any information from people who have gone on any of the optional Vantage excursions in St Petersburg and/or Moscow??

For 2 people the cost will be $1700 if we choose all of them! I have read that if you do not do excursions, there is an excesssive amount of free time in both cities.
If the cost is for good quality trips, then I would love to hear your experiences!

TIA!

Ad Sponsored By
Old July 13th, 2013, 10:12 PM
Cool Cruiser

I did this trip last year. I did all of the excursions. I felt that they enhanced my trip and I was able to see a lot more of the cities/towns. I would factor in the cost and you can always decide not to do them all. On the other hand, my DH skipped on one excursion and stayed on the ship to relax.

Old July 14th, 2013, 01:48 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by new cruiser 2010 View Post
Looking for any information from people who have gone on any of the optional Vantage excursions in St Petersburg and/or Moscow??

For 2 people the cost will be $1700 if we choose all of them! I have read that if you do not do excursions, there is an excesssive amount of free time in both cities.
If the cost is for good quality trips, then I would love to hear your experiences!

TIA!
Hi
See my review http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1673620

Tom

Old July 20th, 2013, 03:09 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by new cruiser 2010 View Post

TIA!
Yup, that's a chunk of money and like the other posters, we went with Vantage and paid for most of the optionals. All I can say is they were worth it!

St. Catherine's Palace and Peterhof in St. Petersburg are not to be missed!
I came thisclose to bailing on Moscow by Night and DH prevailed for which I will be forever thankful. It was wonderful and Red Square at midnight was spectacular.

Read the descriptions and if it's something you want to see, don't look at the price, just book it...you're spending all this money and time to go to Russia....do you really want to miss anything?