Airline issue. . .Big Problem or No Big Deal?

2ferfun

So, we leave in 8 days for Seattle. Looking over our documents, I noticed something weird about our names. We booked our flights through Hotwire, which means we are flying out on Alaska Airlines and returning on Delta. When I log in to the airline websites I noticed that both have attached our middle initial to our first name. So, if my name is Mark Scott Smith it is showing on my airline reservation as Marks Smith. Same thing for DW. Is this going to be an issue when trying to board or will the airlines know whats up? Any advice or experience anyone can share would be much appreciated!

So, we leave in 8 days for Seattle. Looking over our documents, I noticed something weird about our names. We booked our flights through Hotwire, which means we are flying out on Alaska Airlines and returning on Delta. When I log in to the airline websites I noticed that both have attached our middle initial to our first name. So, if my name is Mark Scott Smith it is showing on my airline reservation as Marks Smith. Same thing for DW. Is this going to be an issue when trying to board or will the airlines know whats up? Any advice or experience anyone can share would be much appreciated!

I booked direct thru United and our names look exactly like yours on their website.:eek: And when I printed the itin it looks like Mark S Mr Smith.:eek::eek:

Once you check in at the airline and have your boarding pass and ID to go thru security, all should be fine.:)

Agree it's not a big deal. Mine has printed with the first initial of my middle name attached to my first name, or the first few letters. I've never had a problem. This was all on the same airline.

If the sequence were out of order (Scott Mark Smith) it might be worth calling about. But I wouldn't stress on a letter or two that look to be in the wrong place if they're in the right order.

When the airlines were required to add more details on names many names got pushed together with no spaces.

Mine reads FirstNameMiddleName Space Maiden Initial and then a space and last name on American.

Delta prints out my full Maiden name.

Alaska puts my first name (no middle name) and Maiden name and last name.

No problems at all.

My legal name is First Middle Initial Maiden-Married

My passport spells out my middle name. My license drops the hyphen. My plane tickets are all First MaidenMarried without the middle initial, middle name, or hyphen. I flew over 100K miles with 40 or so flight/TSA check-in's last year and not one of them had any problem with it. Same thing the year before and the year before that, etc.

Thanks for all the good advice! Knowing that other people have had the same situation and not had any problems relieves my concern. Now I just have to stop trying to make the clock speed up!!!:D

No big deal. As long as your name is not misspelled. What happens is the system runs the name you have inputted but only has enough room for the first letter of your middle name. Saber is the computer systems most airlines use.

Sent from my iPad

Archived