Q&A Answers Discussion 2013

The Q&A seemed to end very suddenly, with a cryptic message as well. Lots of questions unanswered, not helped of course by the idiot that decided to merge a load of unrelated questions, hence some may have been missed. Didn't Fraser come back the next night last year to answer those questions he didn't answer on the first night though? It seems pointless to have people asking questions if he isn't going to answer them.

The cynics may say that some of the questions that weren't answered were the ones that were asked late on yesterday, thus meaning that Fraser's minions hadn't time to prepare an answer for him to cut and paste.

Hello,

This is an interesting point Gareth. I do think this is a co-incidence.

I actually think the driver behind this was the merger with Island Cruises. Since we merged with Island Cruises we've seen a lot more of their passengers trying Thomson Cruises and vice versa. But we've always been at the more informal end of classic cruising, and we try not to be too prescriptive about what people are wearing. Ultimately I don't think a guests' clothes impact on the standard of the cruise. And those that do want to dress up will always find room for their evening wear in their luggage. I manage with hand luggage.

Cheers,

Fraser

-------------------------------

Yep ok Fraser :cool:

Stevie

Hello,

I actually think the driver behind this was the merger with Island Cruises. Since we merged with Island Cruises we've seen a lot more of their passengers trying Thomson Cruises and vice versa. But we've always been at the more informal end of classic cruising, and we try not to be too prescriptive about what people are wearing. Ultimately I don't think a guests' clothes impact on the standard of the cruise. And those that do want to dress up will always find room for their evening wear in their luggage. I manage with hand luggage.

Cheers,

Fraser

Stevie

Perhaps as he is MD, Fraser gets first refusal once on board of the Emergency Clothes Bank.

The cynics may say that some of the questions that weren't answered were the ones that were asked late on yesterday, thus meaning that Fraser's minions hadn't time to prepare an answer for him to cut and paste.

I asked one about entertainment a while ago, along with a few others, they were all merged, and he never answered them!

The Q&A seemed to end very suddenly, with a cryptic message as well. Lots of questions unanswered, not helped of course by the idiot that decided to merge a load of unrelated questions, hence some may have been missed. Didn't Fraser come back the next night last year to answer those questions he didn't answer on the first night though? It seems pointless to have people asking questions if he isn't going to answer them.

I asked one about entertainment a while ago, along with a few others, they were all merged, and he never answered them!

My question about emptying the Jubilee Lounge, Majesty, between performances was unanswered last year as well as this year!! It was posted a few days ago. :(

Hello,

Cheers,

Fraser

Stevie

Yes, but nowhere does it say there are no dress codes. I am still confused, exactly where does it state that there is no dress code except for hygiene reasons. Having no dress code means that you can wear evening casual for formal night in the main dining room just like any other evening.

Yes, but nowhere does it say there are no dress codes. I am still confused, exactly where does it state that there is no dress code except for hygiene reasons. Having no dress code means that you can wear evening casual for formal night in the main dining room just like any other evening.

he didnt say that dave I said that

fraser actually said...we try not to be too prescriptive about what people are wearing....ie (in plain english) we dont enforce the dress codes

it was I who interpreted that as meaning....there are no dress codes (or i should have said dress codes are not enforced) you can wear whatever suits you within hygiene limitations

he didnt say that dave I said that

fraser actually said...we try not to be too prescriptive about what people are wearing....ie (in plain english) we dont enforce the dress codes

it was I who interpreted that as meaning....there are no dress codes (or i should have said dress codes are not enforced) you can wear whatever suits you within hygiene limitations

Ok, thanks, all clear now :)

If you booked before last Friday and lost out by paying the high price I would certainly ring up and try it. I thought I had lost out last Thursday when I was booking till someone on here suggested ringing them before midnight to get the cheaper incorrect price, and I did and got it. Nothing lost by ringing them up if you were an unfortunate one to pay the higher price before they corrected the system.

Sadly for us we had an appointment with Thomsons cruise advisor at our local travel agents whith whom we have booked our previous 6 Thomson cruises on the Friday morning. Usually we get an online price and they match it and occasionally better it. Not this time although she tried her best with the Thomson

staff on the phone for 20minutes. We did email Thomsons several times on Thursday evening( as we couldn't get through to anyone by phone -probably everyone else trying to call at the same time) and we were told they would try to resolve our problem but did nothing except state the new price.

I would have accepted the "error" if instead of loading the cruise price they and just put up the error essage and said the AI price had risen but they chose not to make it obvious until they could change it back the following day.

We also emailed and wrote a letter to Fraser Ellacott MD Thomson Cruise director on Friday and as yet haven't even had the courtesy of a reply. So I'm afraid our faith in Thomson" customer care. " is somewhat lacking. Good luck to all that did manage to make them honor their offer though.

Sadly for us we had an appointment with Thomsons cruise advisor at our local travel agents whith whom we have booked our previous 6 Thomson cruises on the Friday morning. Usually we get an online price and they match it and occasionally better it. Not this time although she tried her best with the Thomson

staff on the phone for 20minutes. We did email Thomsons several times on Thursday evening( as we couldn't get through to anyone by phone -probably everyone else trying to call at the same time) and we were told they would try to resolve our problem but did nothing except state the new price.

I would have accepted the "error" if instead of loading the cruise price they and just put up the error essage and said the AI price had risen but they chose not to make it obvious until they could change it back the following day.

We also emailed and wrote a letter to Fraser Ellacott MD Thomson Cruise director on Friday and as yet haven't even had the courtesy of a reply. So I'm afraid our faith in Thomson" customer care. " is somewhat lacking. Good luck to all that did manage to make them honor their offer though.

You can always try an e-mail to david.burling@thomson.co.uk

I have used that a few times i have had reason to complain, even with a cruise booking, and always received a call back and had a favourable response.

Taken from - http://www.ceoemail.com/index3.php

Not in bed yet Kruzseeka? ;) What time is your flight tomorrow?

Yep in bed but clearly not asleep yet! :rolleyes:

8.00 so early up for-check in, though not as early as some who have to travel to the various airports in the morning! Never find it easy to sleep when you know you have to be up so early but hopefully will get time to chill once we get going - and may manage to get a few hours too.

Kruzseeka, Kalos and happy v, we've made the news!!! :D

http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/news/news.cfm?ID=5625

Also mentions a few other questions from the Q&A at the bottom.

Wow!, they do say everyone has their 2 seconds (I think it's supposed to be minutes) of fame;):).

Still not asleep Kruzseeka? You'll have plenty of time to catch up next week, I hope you have a marvellous time.

You can always try an e-mail to david.burling@thomson.co.uk

I have used that a few times i have had reason to complain, even with a cruise booking, and always received a call back and had a favourable response.

Taken from - http://www.ceoemail.com/index3.php

Thanks for that. I've just sent an email but I'm not holding out much hope that anything will be done, still - fingers crossed.

The unanswered question and the answers to the questions posed are as much as I expected.

Regards Thomsons TA`s not willing or able to match online price,easy,take your business elsewhere.There are others out there that will and beat it.It beggars belief that Thomsons cannot match or beat other TA`s prices on their own cruises

Of our 5 or is it 6 Thomson cruises none have been booked through Thomson

Looking at the answers or lack of them it is painfully obvious that Thomson don't want my business. Check out my signature and you can see how many potential cruises Thomson have missed out on :(

Yesterday I got an email from P&O offering me a choice of 2 short notice caribbean cruises of 14 nights for £999. No single supplements plus bargain price reductions :eek:

Plus a range of other cruises with single supplements of 25%, less than Thomson charge for an inferior cabin.