SeaPlex

Has anyone here read anything about the SeaPlex area being air-conditioned? We just returned from a week on the Allure (loved it!). I hate to sound like a weenie but my kids (who turned 13 and 14 during our cruise) spent a lot of time on the sports deck but found that all of the activities up there - mini golf, basketball court (used for volleyball and soccer as well), ping pong etc... were hard to do for very long as it was SO hot! I appreciate the glass enclosures and not having to chase balls (ping pong especially) around the deck - but, when in there, they were literally baking.

The pictures I've seen from the Quantum make me think there's a good chance it'll have a/c but I just haven't read anything official.

Of course - our QOS cruise is over New Year's and I'm not sure we'll have 100 degree temps and 95% humidity to worry about. :rolleyes: Still curious, though...

From what I understand, the SeaPlex area is all indoors and RCCL's President Adam Goldstein even pointed that fact out in one of the videos saying it's the first indoor sports area offered at Sea. Would only make sense it would be air conditioned. Especially since it transforms throughout the day to accommodate several different activities such as roller skating, bumper cars, basketball, dancing, etc.

I just want to crash cars! :p

Sorry but your kids sound like couch potatoes who sit in front of a tv all day. Idk I never had any issues playing outside on any of the ships. I've always found it to be very breezy on oasis and allure on the sports decks. Especially considering the ping pong tables are covered. Sweating is good for you.

Sorry but your kids sound like couch potatoes who sit in front of a tv all day.

Really??? Being lazy, especially kids, is my biggest pet peeve. And I'm the farthest person from being politically correct, but even I think that's pretty rude to say. The OP was just asking a question. No need to make a post like that.

I power walk 45 minutues to an hour 5 days a week and while I consider exercise very important, I detested the heat and humidity of the outside decks. I grew up in Florida and now live in the equally humid Mid-Atlantic and have never gotten over my disdain for humid, hot weather. Let's hope the Seaplex is cool and dry.

Enjoying air conditioning does not qualify one for couch potato status!

Really??? Being lazy, especially kids, is my biggest pet peeve. And I'm the farthest person from being politically correct, but even I think that's pretty rude to say. The OP was just asking a question. No need to make a post like that.

It was sarcasm. Chat forums are not always the best form for expressing the true feelings of someone's post. Sorry for coming off rude. Idk I live in south Florida and always felt fine outside the ship when it was moving. In port I didn't really spend time there

It was sarcasm. Chat forums are not always the best form for expressing the true feelings of someone's post. Sorry for coming off rude. Idk I live in south Florida and always felt fine outside the ship when it was moving. In port I didn't really spend time there

No problems. I live in SE MA and its horribly humid here. We don't always have the high temperature to go with it, but what we lack in temperature we get back five times over in bugs.

Sorry but your kids sound like couch potatoes who sit in front of a tv all day. Idk I never had any issues playing outside on any of the ships. I've always found it to be very breezy on oasis and allure on the sports decks. Especially considering the ping pong tables are covered. Sweating is good for you.

It did come off as rude. I appreciate the apology. Personally, I'd never make an assumption or speak negatively about the children of others. My son has special needs (diagnosed with Autism at age 3) and is sensitive to things like the climate but both my son and daughter are moderately athletic - playing golf, basketball and volleyball year-round and swimming 5 months of the year. We live in the California desert and they're accustomed to high temps (but not humidity). They were certainly not the only ones unable to "hang" very long on the Allure Sports Deck - activities were cancelled all week due to lack of participation because of the heat.

It did come off as rude. I appreciate the apology. Personally, I'd never make an assumption or speak negatively about the children of others. My son has special needs (diagnosed with Autism at age 3) and is sensitive to things like the climate but both my son and daughter are moderately athletic - playing golf, basketball and volleyball year-round and swimming 5 months of the year. We live in the California desert and they're accustomed to high temps (but not humidity). They were certainly not the only ones unable to "hang" very long on the Allure Sports Deck - activities were cancelled all week due to lack of participation because of the heat.

Golf is not athletic lol. I play often ;) I hear what you mean though. Ya I guess if your not use to the humidity that wall of thick air will kill ya. Lol. I remember going to Vegas and thinking "god it's so nice" when it was like 101 degrees and really low humidity. It really is different. I still am a little surprised they found it that hot while the ship was moving. The worse day to me is in port in ft lauderdale. It's rough with the heat there.

Archived