US AIRWAYS Question????

MommyJamiex4

I am not even sure if this belongs here, but of all the boards this sounded like the best to post this question.

We are flying out to Hawaii for our cruise in Nov on US Air from Philly. YES, its a VERY long flight! We are bringing our notebook PC and was wondering if US air has power in each seat for plugging in our laptop. I know that we will have to purchase an airline adaptor before hand in order to use it, if it is there. LOL So it it there?

Thanks!

We are flying out to Hawaii for our cruise in Nov on US Air from Philly. YES, its a VERY long flight! We are bringing our notebook PC and was wondering if US air has power in each seat for plugging in our laptop.

I don't fly on US, but from SeatGuru it seems that US has inflight power on its A321 and A330 aircraft. It appears that the aircraft used between PHX and HNL (I don't think US has any other routing to HNL) are 757's. Sorry, no power on that leg.

Between PHL and PHX, there is one flight a day that currently is scheduled to operate with an A321. Look for an itinerary that uses the 10am departure from PHL and the 11:30am departure from PHX. Those are currently the A321 flights. US utilizes the EmPower system for onboard power, so you would need that type of adapter. Those are laptop specific, so be sure you get the correct one for your machine.

On the US website, they say that there is power on "Select US Airways' Airbus A319, A320, A321 and A330 aircraft". However, they say nothing more than that, and I don't have any info to show if the A319's and A320's have power, especially in coach. So you may or may not have it on other flights between PHL and PHX.

On the US website, they say that there is power on "Select US Airways' Airbus A319, A320, A321 and A330 aircraft". However, they say nothing more than that, and I don't have any info to show if the A319's and A320's have power, especially in coach. So you may or may not have it on other flights between PHL and PHX.

The only A319 and A320 aircraft that have the Empower outlets are the ones that used to be/are still part of US Airways "East". The old America West 319 and 320s do not have Empower adapters; the 321s are all from the US East.

The easiest way to tell if it's a US West (Mainline) or US East (Mainline) flight is the flight number (or at least it used to be). US West flight numbers are below 700, US East are above. This won't last though, as the airlines are due to merge their operating certificates.

Archived