Another Seattle Hotel Question

Gull

We, a family of five, will be arriving one night before our cruise and were considering staying at one of the airport suite hotels. Are there any hotels near Pier 66?

Also, we decided to spend some post-trip time in Seattle and will need a hotel for two nights. We'd prefer to be near the Center so that we can enjoy being tourists. We would like to stay in something nice and would consider all options. We don't plan to rent a car. I've looked at the Edgewater, is it very far from the center? Thank you for your help!

Pier 66 is a little south of Safeco(Mariners) Field. There are no hotels within walking distance (About 3 miles from the Seattle Center.) There are several in the area of the Seattle Center, which is a good location for sight-seeing. The Edgewater is a great location. It is on a pier, and you can watch your ship sail into town. It is located next to the pier the other lines use, but it is pricey. There are quite a few smaller hotels (Eg: QualityInn), that are closer to the Center. Check back a couple of threads for Shuttle Express, and hotels others have used. Enjoy the trip

Gull,

The Edgewater is right next to Pier 66 on the Seattle waterfront. It is a very nice (expensive) hotel, but it is very fun to wake up the morning of your cruise, step out on your balcony and be 100 yards from the bow of your ship. It is also extremely convenient to be able to walk the half a block to the port and not have to take a cab/shuttle to the ship. Not sure what line you are on, but be aware that not all ships leave from pier 66 (only NCL and Celebrity). HAL and Princess depart from terminal 30 which is not really close to the Edgewater.

The Edgewater is not close to the Seattle Center. You could walk from the Edgewater to Westlake center (15-20 min) and take the Monorail to the Center. The closest hotel to the Seattle Center that I am familiar with is the Bestwestern Executive Inn. It is a clean, decent hotel which is easy walking distance to the Seattle Center.

I wouldn't consider staying near the airport. It is not a real great area and you are 30-40 minutes from the port. Spend the extra money and stay in one of the downtown hotels.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Next Cruise: 6/27/04 Sapphire Princess

If I were a tourist in Seattle, I would choose to stay in the downtown/Pike Place area, not near the Seattle Center. You can take a lovely monorail ride from downtown to the center. All the other attractions (waterfront, aquarium, Pike Place Market, shopping) are more convenient from the Downtown or Pike Place area. Hotels there are probably quite expensive however, especially during summer. If you get a hotel near the center, you can do the opposite and ride the monorail downtown. The area around the center itself isn't very nice though.

Thank you for the great advice.

I think we may end up staying at the Edgewater that first night before the cruise. I noticed that there is also a Marriott on the harbor, and will check that out.

Have decided to check out the downtown area, as suggested. How is the Mayflower Park Hotel? On the map I have, it appears to be very close to the monorail and across the street from Nordstroms.(My teen daughters will be thrilled.)

I just want to make sure the area is safe.

Also, I have an older map that shows a Four Seasons Hotel in the center. When I checked Four Seasons Reservations it doesn't exist. Would anybody know the new name of the hotel?

Thank you again for the wonderful advice.

Gull

When we get off the Sapphire Princess on 6/27 we plan to check into the Sheraton for a 1 night stay. We have tickets for a Mariners game that Sunday afternoon. We had planned to drop off our luggage at the hotel and have the cab wait and take us to the ballpark. Does anyone know if we'll have a problem with getting back to the hotel after the game? Will we be able to get a cab or is there any form of public transportation available?

You should be able to get a cab pretty easily, but just to be safe, you might ask your first cab driver for their card so you can call for one if you don't see one. I can't imagine there would be a shortage after a game though. There is a large free bus zone in the downtown area (which includes the Sheraton), but you might not feel comfortable walking much late at night in the area around the stadium.

Ellya

Thank you very much for the information. As long as we know there is cab and bus availibility we'll be fine. We always rent a car when we travel but this time we decided not to. We get off the Sapphire Princess on Sunday morning then head for the ballpark. We really won't have much time to explore since we will be leaving the following day.

Archived