QM2 EMAIL ADDRESS

rjms74

I would be grateful if someone could advise of QM2's main email address. I have friends on the 4 night mini cruise leaving S/hampton tomorrow & wanted to send them a 'bon voyage' email. My apologies if this question has already been asked but I could not find this on the search option of previous posts.

Kind Rgs & Thanks

RJMS74

I don't know if there is a public main email address for the ship itself, but your friends should have actually been assigned their own personal email address for their cruise, which is printed on the "Communication Information" page of their travel documents book and will look something like:

anelson10266571qm2guest@cunardmail.com

Even though getting in touch with them to give it to you would blow the total surprise, I'm sure it would be a fun experiment.

The only problem is that I think there is a nominal charge to receive it of around $1.50US -- but maybe someone else who has been on the ship can clarify.

Crouton

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>

anelson10266571qm2guest@cunardmail.com

Even though getting in touch with them to give it to you would blow the total surprise, I'm sure it would be a fun experiment.

The only problem is that I _think_ there is a nominal charge to receive it of around $1.50US -- but maybe someone else who has been on the ship can clarify.

Crouton<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Give the man a Kewpie doll! (what IS a Kewpie doll??) Anyway, there is a USD1.50 charge for each inbound and outbound email.

Craig

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kiwi Kruzer:

So..are you saying all cabins have their own individualadresses to which email can be sent and received? There does not seem to have been much marketing of this innovation<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's more like each passenger has their own email address...a combination of their name and booking number (I think). The emails can be read and sent via the interactive TV.

Craig

here is the actual formula, but be advised if you DO NOT KNOW the booking number you will not be able to send the mail(presume you could call cunard with name and sailing date, tell them you want to send email, see if they give booking # to you):

description example separation between

lst initial A none

last name PASSENGER none

booking number (7 digit) 1234567 none

# of the person in cabin 1 none

(presume #1 is the credit

card holder, others 2,3 etc.)

now for first separation . (first period)

and then generic from now on QM2GUEST@cunardmail.com

(cunard had caps and small case as here)

so, putting together;

APASSENGER12345671.QM2GUEST@cunardmail.com

hope that helps. i do not know how to send to a ship staffer. for passengers, they can check if emails are there on interactive tv, yes there is a $1.50 USD charge to open and send. good luck mike

sorry...didn't come out the way i wrote it, but think you can understand. there were supposed to be "columns" which were taken out when i posted...?? between description, example and separation between (meaning no space or period)

Archived